68 Cuda 340 FS on Ebay

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly complete and not rotted out, Im watching for $hit$ n giggles...barebones car not many options. Thanks for posting John

Here is the tag decoded, but I cant remember in 67 or 8 how to pull the #'s from the tag to make the vin #?? Hard to tell with the rear valance as well..cant see the ds too well. Craig I think 68 and 9's are the same....you could get a 340 car but no "S"..I think...LOL

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 340cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: E70x14 Red Sidewall, steel belted
MODEL YEAR: 1968
BUILD DATE: October 16.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: Deluxe Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Gold Interior.
PAINT: Medium Gold Metallic (Dodge), Ember Gold Metallic (Plymouth), Sovereign Gold Metallic (Chrysler, Imperial).
OTHER: Medium Gold Metallic (Dodge), Ember Gold Metallic (Plymouth), Sovereign Gold Metallic (Chrysler, Imperial) Upper Door Frame Color.
MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings
ABC OPTIONS:
F7: Barracuda Formula S Package
R1: AM Radio
X2: Tinted Windshield Only
abc OPTIONS:
b4: Bucket Seats
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

Here is the tag decoded, but I cant remember in 67 or 8 how to pull the #'s from the tag to make the vin #?? Hard to tell with the rear valance as well..cant see the ds too well. Craig I think 68 and 9's are the same....you could get a 340 car but no "S"..I think...LOL

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 340cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: E70x14 Red Sidewall, steel belted
MODEL YEAR: 1968
BUILD DATE: October 16.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: Deluxe Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Gold Interior.
PAINT: Medium Gold Metallic (Dodge), Ember Gold Metallic (Plymouth), Sovereign Gold Metallic (Chrysler, Imperial).
OTHER: Medium Gold Metallic (Dodge), Ember Gold Metallic (Plymouth), Sovereign Gold Metallic (Chrysler, Imperial) Upper Door Frame Color.
MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings
ABC OPTIONS:
F7: Barracuda Formula S Package
R1: AM Radio
X2: Tinted Windshield Only
abc OPTIONS:
b4: Bucket Seats
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror
O.K. so F7 says 340s package? No fender badges or hood inserts? I have been wrong before! Is the front seat correct?

F-7 is Formula-s, The P in the vin and the 52 on the fender tag are 340. If you look at the pictures there are lt and rt cutouts for the exhaust.

These cars are over 40 years old. Who knows what this cars story may be. Obviously some replacement sheet metal has found a new home on it......

But the vin and fender tag say Formula S and those will be hard to argue with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back