68 Cuda headliner rods , what order ?

-

DonnieLawson

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Will soon be installing the headliner , " Will have it done" in my 68 Cuda fastback.
What order do the rods go back in ? I found a link for a Dart , but I'm not sure if its the same for my Cuda
I believe they are color coded , but I would have to dig them out to verify.
Thanks guys..................
Donnie

Attachments

• My Cuda Hanging sheetmetal resized0002.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 131
  • My Cuda Hanging sheetmetal resized0018.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 130
They are normally color coded, not sure what the codes are. But I have found that it is shortest/front to longest/rear being that the roof tapers thin to thick. I ended up needing atleast 2" of rod exposed on each end of pocket.

Donnie,

I am scheduled to take out my headliner within the next two weeks, maybe sooner if my work load complies. As far as I can determine, it is the original and has never been removed. It is a '68 'Cuda fastback.

I could take pictures and/or measure them or write down the color code arrangement. Just an aside: I removed the headliner from my '68 GTX in 1981 and they were not color coded.

They were colored coded in my 67 notch but not in the 68 notch. Those went shortest at front to longest at back. I can't say the fastback is the same.

Donnie,

I am scheduled to take out my headliner within the next two weeks, maybe sooner if my work load complies. As far as I can determine, it is the original and has never been removed. It is a '68 'Cuda fastback.

I could take pictures and/or measure them or write down the color code arrangement. Just an aside: I removed the headliner from my '68 GTX in 1981 and they were not color coded.

Yes , please let me know what you find
If I would have only had a clue that they were different when I took them out...........
Donnie

Donnie,

I haven't forgotten about you, buddy. I have to take a business trip at the end of next week. I will try to take out the headliner sometime before next Friday 12/3 and take photos and notes. Bear with me.

My cars getting the bodywork and paint now , "Body Shop Hell" I hope to get it back before to awfully long. Then the headliner is the 1st think that's going back on , then the dash , glass,and on and on and on ..............................
Thanks Donnie

-
Back