68 Cuda Heater control plastic pieces ?

-

DonnieLawson

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
The heater control switch on my 68 Cuda has a broken plastic pin that the cables attach to . Anybody sell these or have a fix ?
Its the small white plastic pins
Thanks
Donnie

Attachments

• Heater Restore resized0001.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Heater Restore resized0002.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Heater Restore resized0003.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Heater Restore resized0004.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 174
I went to the hardware store and bought a brass screw. I drilled the center out of the plastic piece and tapped all of 2 threads in it.Sawed the head off the screw. Screwed the brass screw in and laminated the threads above and below the plastic disc with 2 part epoxy and done.
keep in mind that a binding cable or blend door caused the pin to break.If the problem isn't corrected the damage will move to the next weakest link. Probably just wad up the cable end. Good luck

I had a friend turn brand new one out on a lathe, they are made from cutting board plastic and then I took the whole control appart and replaced the center with a plastic 7/16 bolt from a toilet seat. When I got it tight enough I then took a brad nailer and shot a pin through it so it could not turn then cut the top off the plastic pin. I have installed it back in the car and works like a charm.

I bought a heater control set up from an earlier A Body, it had metal pins.
I was told it was from a 66. It was almost identical to my 67, but not close enough- so I just took both apart and swapped the metal pins in mine.

-
Back