68 Cuda Mini tubbed with back seat - How to ?

-

DonnieLawson

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Ive seen a few pics of a mini tubbed fastback Cuda with the back seat , does anyone have pics or directions on how they fit the back seat
My Cuda is mini tubbed now and I need to get past this hurdle now :)
Here's a few pics of mine so far........
Thanks guys
Donnie

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 066 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 074 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 036 resized.jpg

Cuda Mini Tub work Nov 2009 002 resized.jpg

1 Cuda MiniTub work October 09 006 resized 2.jpg

Ive seen a few pics of a mini tubbed fastback Cuda with the back seat , does anyone have pics or directions on how they fit the back seat
My Cuda is mini tubbed now and I need to get past this hurdle now :)
Here's a few pics of mine so far........
Thanks guys
Donnie
Donnie
Im in the same jam
67' cuda building about the same car even the same paint code I think
If you ever have a brief minute or two would love to look at you car
or you can come down see our project and compare ups and downs
Mike
Cincinnati

I hope someone will jump in who has done one and have some pics and tips .
I am off next weekend , maybe we can see each others rides .....
Donnie

Yep , The roll bar will make it a muther to get back there , but I really like the looks of a back seat in a mini tubbed car . And it is a street car , quick but still a street car :)

Cuda and Mustang pics June 2007 019 resized.jpg

1 Cuda MiniTub work October 09 030 resized.jpg

dang.. I"m gonna have to look at my 69... I was going to do that in the next year or so, I may now have to rethink it!

I guesas you are the only one in the whole world that wants to mini tub
a barracuda and keep your back seat? Ive seen this done and I think it was on here. Good luck

my guess is that you might have to shorten the seat a bit on the sides

That is the issue. The seat frame will need to be modified, upholstery will have to be modified and re done.

I also see that the mounting points for the folding seat back have been moved. None of this will be easy and all of it should have been done before the bar went in.

You will probably need to have this professionally done.

All custom work.

That is the issue. The seat frame will need to be modified, upholstery will have to be modified and re done.

I also see that the mounting points for the folding seat back have been moved. None of this will be easy and all of it should have been done before the bar went in.

You will probably need to have this professionally done.

All custom work.

Bingo. The frame needs to be sectioned. Removing some material is necessary too. I could see chopping and rewelding the frame,that would be easy with carefull measurements. But unless you know upholstry youll need to farm that out.

I know the seat will have to be modified , just wondering what tips or tricks to do . I should be able to do the fabbing myself , and I will have to farm out the upholstery work. Ive seen a few at the Nats that was done and I didn't have a chance to talk to the owners.............
Ive also seen some on a few boards online of the finished work but no pics of the actual seat mods.
Ill post mine as I figure it out............. Looks like Davescuda may be able to help me :)

-
Back