68 Cuda NOS Wheelwell mouldings

-

Dorian

dorian
Reaction score
I need some advice guys, I was "given" 2 sets of NOS wheelwell mouldings for a 68 barracuda plus 1 set of used mouldings. The guy bought them back in '78 from his brother in law who was the parts guy at the dealership. My brother in law had his race car at this guy's shop to dyno but it was a total flop, I'm not going to go in detail but it was a very bad experience. He didn't have the correct connections to hook his engine up, he wasn't ready when we got there and twice he stood there talking to buddies while we waited for him to try to do the dyno session.
At the end of the day, after the coupler blew up on his dyno, he charged him $500.00 and we didn't get any info on the engine!

While I was there he showed me the mouldings in question and we made a deal for a set, he said find out what he paid for them back in the day and give him that much for the set. Then he gave me the other NOS set and the used set and said see what you can get for them.

Now he called me today and said his son sold them to a guy without realizing that they were already spoken for. And he also wants the other set back because he thinks he can get the same amount for the 2nd set.

Oh ya the price he said they got for an NOS set was $800.00.

What would you guys do in my situation?

Thanks,
Dorian

If I had paid for a set and wanted to keep them I would. that's just bad business to sell something then want it back. sounds like him and his kid need to get there **** straight and run a better business. and he is crazy on that 800 dollar price, I have a stack of those moldings, not NOS stuff, but damn nice. I know there not anywhere near 800 bucks.

If all you say is accurate, and he gave them to you (you didn't say whether any cash had changed hands, although you did mention a price from "back in the day"....) then he should not take them back........sounds like he stumbled on some info. as to what HE can get out of them, instead of what YOU can get.

8)

He's got a lotta balls to sell them then ask for them back TELLING you he's gonna sell them for mo $$

I say let him kiss your lily white ___

They are yours. It is not your fault he and his son do not communicate. Also, he is dreaming about $800.00. If he really believes he can get that offer to sell him one set back for $700.00 and tell him it will give him $100 he doesn't have now. I'll bet he will not do it. Even if he had not screwed you on the dyno session he has no right to get them back but taking getting screwed into consideration, NFW man.

-
Back