68 Cuda Rear window seal issues

-

articcolds

Reaction score
I bought both front and rear rubbers for the window from Classic Industries. The front one fit just fine with no issues at all. The back one was a nightmare to put on but it did go on. The sides and bottom fit quite well on the inside . But the top is not working att all to cover the headliner to window transition at all. Wondering if anyone else has this issue or maybe there is another place I should be looking for a rear window seal. It just doesn't make sense and it is quite clear its in the rubber itself. So not sure what the heck to do about it. No mods were made and the pinch weld was straight . Old window and seal fit just fine when I removed them so I know it was good .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 104
If this is a 67 body that is getting a 68 gasket, you would need to trim the length of the "fence" the gasket sits on. I learned that a long time ago. And that was while reusing OEM glass and gasket from a 68 on a 67.
If it is a 68/69 body, maybe too much sealant in the bottom is holding the glass and gasket upwards. If that's the case, and the sealant hasn't hardened, effort to push the top of the glass and gasket downward and into the car will roll it on into position. Some sealants respond to heat so a heat gun, along with pressure, can help.

-
Back