68 cuda

-

stroker mike

Reaction score
Well, I've been trying to get this photo to upload for 3 days, if it don't work soon then I give up.

Attachments

• cuda1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 153
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mike ,look in the Website / Suggestions forums here on this site. There`s instructions on there that will help you post a photo. Is it too large? Is it a format that`s compatible? Hope you can find something there to help you.

here we go

lastscan3 (Small).jpg

YES!!!!! It worked! So, 68 cuda, 318 police interceptor 318/a999 non-lock up tranny, offy low rise 360 intake with a competition AFB feeding a pair of J heads, there is no rust at all........... all chrome and trim are intact, large bolt conversion on front with disc's, and rally dash w/ 150mph speedo, flowmaster 40's, factory bench and lay down back seat out of the car right now but with a nice pair of buckets to ride on for now, was dark green, now dull black but we can take care of aaaaallllllllll that! For the price of just over 3 and a half. What do you think? I even got factory hubcaps!

Looks like real good potential. Hows the body as far as rust, etc.? Were those J heads milled, if not they're not doing you any good. I bought a pair for my 318 and didn't install them after learning that they will kill compression unless cut quite a bit. I'm seaching for some 302 heads, which are a bolt on and will increase cr. Mike

aaaaahhhhhhhhhh.........another one saved. great car, man!! hope to see the progress pics soon.

Yes, the 318 was the ELE police interceptor package with huge 75cc chambers, and the pistons were a shallow dish to get the cr up to 8.6:1 or so I'm told, so the 340 J casting had 68cc chambers, so I'm told, and that would give me about 9.2:1, I can tell you it accelerates, but how well will remain to be seen....I am tearing down a 360 for a stroker as of this posting, so here we go!

stroker mike said:
For the price of just over 3 and a half. What do you think?

If it was $350 you stole it... If it was 3 and 1/2 grand you paid a better than fair price for it. Just crawl under it and check it out THOUROUGHLY for rust and previous hacking. As a matter of fact, your car looks familiar:

Cuda3-vi.jpg

Good luck with your score.

Yeah, I paid a better than fair price for it, but he's letting me pay over time, so I didn't try to work it down, I feel lucky to get it cause there's no way to forcast how long it would take me to find another one I could afford. I guess I really want the car! But your's looks great with the dog dishes, are they 15x7? You have the first 360 six bbl I've seen in a 68, and I thought I was gonna be unique LOL! Well, Queens is a long way from San Jose, so I'll have the only 360/6 in my neighborhood! I have a thread on another website where I described my plans which include a 360 that I tore down three days ago, a stroker kit from ohio, and a Triple D six shooter! You have an excellent build going there, brother, I can't wait to see it with paint!

Great looking car, It looks almost exactly like a 67 Barracuda I used to own, right down to the missing hub caps LOL. Mine had the 273 Hyper pac motor in it.

I've been looking for a 67-69 fastback for a year and a half, ever since I passed on Adams last summer. I'm still kicking myself for that. Just drove 300 miles to look at one-way to far gone. You did OK IMO.

If I would have hooked that fish it would be a keeper.
I would say a better then a good price. Nice catch stroker mike :thumrigh:

Just a thought on price, If you find the car you want and have been dreaming about since you were a baby...for me you just gota get it. After a two year search when I found my 68 340 s notch and the guy said I want 4 grand and thats it, I said sure, it was excactly what I wanted. When I bought my Dart for $3,500 one friend told me too much, yet a week after I bought it I was offered $5000.00 Thing is, when its all done and you are smokin the tires with a big smile on your face, who will remember what you paid?
Good price,me thinks.

Burned Nope! looks good to me I paid $6,000 for one that looks the same, but the motors is out of it (factory 383 car though).

Well, thank you, and I can tell you this, I love this car, really I do, and it is worth every penny, and every drop of sweat, no doubt. I went and put a payment in his hand today, and took better pic's w/my minolta so I'll post 'em soon. In the mean time, I have some pic's of the engine combo I have going, so I'll get them up here, too.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you gotta formula s! Nice! I want to find a sure grip for mine, but one thing at a time, though, thanks, everyone.

-
Back