-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopeymope

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Feeling out interest on project. .40 over 273 seemed to lose compression right after it was built up. Put another set of heads on from another runner that i had and still had the same problem. Would throw a new short block in but I'm fresh out of an ugly divorce so you can imagine how much extra money i have laying around... Aside from the short block it would just need little things to finish. Super straight car. Shaved handles and emblems, 17x7 and 17x8 small bolt pattern wheel vintique billet rallye wheels, b&m megashifter, accel 300 ignition, griffin aluminum radiator with flexalite dual elec fans, demon carb, braided fuel and trans lines etc.... Lots of nice parts. PM me if your interested. Thanks

Attachments

• iphone dart1.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 353
I need 2 grand for lawyer fees. I paid more than that for the wheels and tires... Buy yourself a new set of rims and tires and get a ton of other nice parts for free!

If I was in the market I'd be all over it. I'm not a big fan of the shaved handles, but that shouldn't be a huge deal to change back. The wheels, on the other hand, would be gone in a heartbeat......... (to me the oversized rallyes just don't look right). Good luck with the sale.........

I have a suggestion on the engine problem, though. Make sure the valves are closing all the way. A friend once bought a 67 Dart with a 440 and got a great deal because every pushrod was too long (custom kit). Being that your car is a 68, it should have hydraulic lifters in the 273. The block could have been decked to cause this issue. Worth checking.

I'm interested just hard to get in touch with the owner. sent him a couple pm's. no reply.

I saw that your location is Santa Barbara- I work in SB. Do you ever go to the Woody's BBQ cruise-in's in Goleta off of Hollister? I think they have them every 2nd Saturday of the month. It would be fun to meet another FABO member! Gotta get my '64 Dart drivable first!
:burnout:

Oh, and I've been tempted by this yellow Dart for a long time from seeing it on Craigslist... just can't bring myself to do the 4-dr. Looks like a really great car though. Good luck with the sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back