68 Dart bucket seats

-

Jimscuda

Reaction score
I just purchased a 68 Dart that was a factory bucket seat, console car. Unfortunately someone robbed those from the car. I have an extra set of 65 Barracuda buckets. If I delete the chrome from the sides and change the foam and covers would the frames work?

Not quite. The very top member of the seat back frame in 65 was round tubing. For 67 and later that same piece was changed to square with holes for headrest posts. So the 68 skin will be a little short on a pre 67 frame.
Then the tracks under the seats are completely different. No way no how pre 67 tracks would work.
Correct 68 seats have latches on the seat backs to accompany shoulder restraints. 67 and earlier seats do not have those latches.
Sorry for the lack of good news here.

Not quite. The very top member of the seat back frame in 65 was round tubing. For 67 and later that same piece was changed to square with holes for headrest posts. So the 68 skin will be a little short on a pre 67 frame.
Then the tracks under the seats are completely different. No way no how pre 67 tracks would work.
Correct 68 seats have latches on the seat backs to accompany shoulder restraints. 67 and earlier seats do not have those latches.
Sorry for the lack of good news here.
That's good info. Thanks!

If you decide to go shopping for the correct seats, 68 and 69 seats are the same frame. Also 68 and 9 seats are the same in A and B Body.

correct 68/9 seats are not totally rare but they do get expensive

If you decide to go shopping for the correct seats, 68 and 69 seats are the same frame. Also 68 and 9 seats are the same in A and B Body.

correct 68/9 seats are not totally rare but they do get expensive
Probably why someone took these out of the car. Now I gotta replace them. Gotta love people,

-
Back