68 Dart Dash Pad???

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Does anyone sell a quality reproduction 1968 Dart upper dash pad? How about lowers?

Also, are the caps any good when redo-ing dash pads? I found these online. I'm wondering if they'd be worth a shot. Has anyone dealt with Herb's Parts?

Herb's Parts - Mopar Restoration and Performance

I'm tired of driving around with a carpet pad over my dash. It looks pathetic.

I've used the caps on a couple cars and have been quite satisfied with them. I wouldn't hesitate to put one on. The lower pads come up for sale on here from time to time. I've dealt with Herbs a few times, he sells quality stuff. I had an issue with a part one time, I contacted him and he sent me a new one with no hassle, didn't even ask for the bad one back.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm just give a cap a try. If anything, it'll be better than the cracked dash. Did you just use spray adhesive to attached the cap once the pad was clean?

What they supply with the cap looks like silicone. In fact I used silicone on a cap that I bought off someone who had lost the tube that came with it. Test fit it good before you glue!

I have one in the box awaiting getting the car painted

I just ordered and received one from Classic for my 68 Barracuda. The main complaint I have with it? The studs they put in there new pads are to short the original speed nuts that were used will not work. I had to find some regular nuts and they were a bear to find. I don't know what thread they are but they are weird. I had a 20% off coupon at the time so I paid $299.00. But then the shipping ate that up. Other than that the fit was good,not quite as tight to the top of the dash as I would like but good.
Damn! I just called Classic Industries. $367 for an upper '68 pad shipped. Ouch!!

I have one in the box awaiting getting the car painted

This helps me how??

I just ordered and received one from Classic for my 68 Barracuda. The main complaint I have with it? The studs they put in there new pads are to short the original speed nuts that were used will not work. I had to find some regular nuts and they were a bear to find. I don't know what thread they are but they are weird. I had a 20% off coupon at the time so I paid $299.00. But then the shipping ate that up. Other than that the fit was good,not quite as tight to the top of the dash as I would like but good.

Great thanks for the input. I actually just saw they have a 15% and free shipping coupon going. I can get it for $290 to my door. I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger. Hopefully I'll be able to get nuts for it. Are they metric or something?

This helps me how??

Great thanks for the input. I actually just saw they have a 15% and free shipping coupon going. I can get it for $290 to my door. I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger. Hopefully I'll be able to get nuts for it. Are they metric or something?

They are made by PG Classic.

Also sold by www.beaparts.com www.herbsparts.com and www.pgclassic.com of course.

Not sure, I tried machine nuts, no good.

It's been a few years, but I seem to recall using 10-24s when I did the one on my '67.
I also used phillips-head screws on the ends...those hex head screws the factory used were a bear to get out!

Last edited:
-
Back