68 Dart Driver's Side Door, Hole?

-

jpharley

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm stuck, the driver's side door interior has a 3/8 hole in it along the upper trim just below the wing window. What was its purpose? I see photos of finished cars with the empty hole...I'm building a Hemi Dart and don't know if I should fill it or...

Thanks JP

Drivers Door.JPG

The one above the GT plate is a screw hole to secure the vent window frame, the one to the right is for the toggle for the remote mirror.

If you feel you will never have a remote mirror on that door, plug it, grind it smooth, and paint over it. Otherwise, find an appropriate sized plastic body plug for it.

In 67 model there is a chromed phillips screw head there. That screw is about 3 inches long and supports/aligns the vent window frame. Has nothing to do with a mirror.
For 68 model the hardware and bracket in the door was changed. The hole is still there for access to a allen head screw. The hole was filled with a color keyed plastic plug.
If you need black, the plug from the end of a ink pen works. For other colors... I guess that's why you see "not quite" finished cars missing plugs.

I think he is talking about the 3/8" hole that gives you access to the allen bolt to secure the wing assembly to the door frame. You can find that plug at OSH in black or white.

Thanks everyone for the prompt responses. I'll leave it and get a plug for it to finish it off.

-
Back