68 Dart gas vent line - I need a picture!

-

TheBigDude

Reaction score
Must have have bent mine when I took it off to fix gas tank and replace tank grommet etc. I can't figure out what it looked like before I took it apart. If somebody could snap a picture of their vent tube running up the filler neck where the hose attaches I would really appreciate it. I searched high and low for a picture. The factory diagram from the manual is no help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 228
Why not it shows exactly. It comes off the side of the filler, goes up to the top of the rear fender, then is clipped going down the side of the filler, through a hole in the trunk floor seal, and simply open ends in the rear frame rail.

You can just see it between the last bit of the top of the filler, going up in the "dark" into the top area of the fender. The tube fits into clips on the forward side of the tube, going down

fs_1968_Dodge_Dart_Hardtop_Hurst_426_Short_Ram_Hemi_Drag_Race_Conversion_Trunk_Black__2005_CEMA__DSCN5695.jpg

Thanks Dart273! That last picture did the trick. I didn't want to start bending my stock piece until I had a better idea of what the problem was. I took the thing apart so long ago I forgot what it looked like. Lesson learned, take a picture then take it apart.

I wish I'd taken a few more, LOL when I tore mine down.

-
Back