68 Dart gauge overlays

-

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
The only thing I've found so far is a white overlay. Is anyone making a stock black overlay or other colors...silver/cf. I tried redoing the faces myself but my idea isn't working very well.

Has anyone installed the white face on the 68 style gauges? Do you have any good pictures? The ones online aren't very good. I have reservations about installing them due to the fact that all the lines/number/letters are raised. I think it would be hard to get the vinyl to stick nicely around the raised sections.

I think the rallye style gauges look really good in white. I'm not sold on the standard gauges. Maybe they would work since my interior is white.

I really like the "night" picture. My Challenger gauges are very hard to read at night. The greenish blue light doesn't work well over black. I'm still up in the air on the look of them in the "day". Do you happen to have a picture of the entire dash with those installed?

Not the greatest picture but should give you an idea of how it looks.

Attachments

• dash (4).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 140
I've found with just LEDs my black dash lights up nicely. Left the blue filters on and got cool white LEDs. Looks much better than the old dim bulbs.

Do the bulbs just plug into the original sockets or do you have to do some other mod?

Thanks for the picture "dgibby". That doesn't look bad. Plus, with my interior being white, it shouldn't look out of place. Right now I have everything stripped to bare metal. I assume I should spray them with some self etch primer before installing the overlays?

Bulbs fit in standard sockets but there is a +/- to them so you may have to flip them in the socket if they dont work. Make sure the cluster has a good ground or they wont work either.

Not sure on the primer, didnt strip mine, just cleaned it real good and installed the overlay.

Worse case try it and if you dont like it you can remove it. Might cost you 20 bucks if you dont like it. Its just a kind of a cling that you apply with a little squeegee (comes in kit) easy to install.

I see that they offer an odometer reface kit for E-bodies but not A-bodies. I wonder if the E-body kit would work?

-
Back