68 Dart GT 340 Fire

-
Yes ive learned just bought another 68 Dart GT with a 340 from another FABO member and first thing im doing when it gets here in a few days is installing a battery kill switch to cut out risk of the runaway current that caused the previous fire.

Great post some pictures when you get it home.

View attachment 247740

View attachment 247741

View attachment 247742

View attachment 247743

View attachment 247744

View attachment 247745

Pics of the New Dart GT, bodies got some bubbles and bruises but not bad and engine is nowhere near where the old one was, that will have to change :thumrigh: Need 3.91 gears for 8 3/4, small block headers, magnum wheels, haha im already back to my old self. Stay motivated keep the mopars alive

Very Nice and Clean, Great score

Wow sorry to hear about your car.Let everyone know how State Farm treats you.I have State Farm on my car if you had any trouble I may be switching insurance companies...

Jim

That sux hope it works out for you what ever happens(if you find a new one or buy it back) as least no one was hurt.

Good excuse to put in a battery disconnect like they make track guy have. So sorry that you had this happen.

I USED to actually pull the wires off when i was not driving it didnt think about fire more about just something draining the battery...I may have to start doing that again..OR buy the cut off lol.

Let us know how the insurance goes.

Thanks

Nice replacement by the way

State Farm actually took care of me once they found out my uncles home owners inusrance was covering the house, they wrote me a check and took the car even though $1000 worth of **** was done 2 weeks before the fire, ( alum radiator, 100amp 1 wire alt, sfi balancer, new front seal.

We towed it up to the mechanics shop because it coundlt tay at the house, well ron and rich of mark I told tstate farm because of the cars they had in their shop (69 dart 440, runs 9s and a 72 monte carlo all dragged as well) that people were always around the shop and they better come pick up the car.

State farm took a week to pick it up and when they did the carb, intake, alt, msd, valve covers, and radiator were gone. They accused me and Mark I (they are really honest guys sorry they had to deal with that), until they found out im stationed 800 miles away in virginia. The agent of state farm are good but therye higher ups that arranged the whole vehicle recovery are *** monkeys:bootysha::munky2:, but it all worked and looking to get to know the new dart:burnout:hmmm maybe turbo :-\"

Just got to your thread now. Sorry for the loss, but glad to see you are back in the game!! Insurance companies are ***-clowns all the way around...deny deny
All the best, looks like a nice fresh start

This is really something no one ever should be a victim of...it sucks. Therefor I do not only take of my batterycable at all times, but I also take out the battery when I don't drive the car. It is only a 20 sec thing to do...Hope you can find yourself another nice Mopar..good luck

-
Back