68 Dart GT w/ 273 and 4-speed. Am I hallucinating or ???

-

acmegirl

Reaction score
Maybe you guys can help me out. I have looked all over the net for info on a '68 Dodge Dart GT with a 273 engine and 4-speed. I have one I want to sell and was trying to find comps, etc. Every site I've been able to find seems to indicate that the plain GT with the 273 was discontinued in '67 and talks only about the GTS in '68. I've run it through VIN decoders and they say it was manufactured in January 1968 with the factory 273 and 4-speed. The badge says GT and the original paint doesn't have the bumblebee stripe. Is my car in a time warp? Am I hallucinating? If not, can someone point me to a site for info on this car? I'd like to find out how many were made, etc. Thanks for your help.

THANK YOU! Now I have confirmation that the car really does exist. Any ideas on where I could find out how many of the 4-speed GT were made and an idea on what to ask for this car? Thanks again!!!!!!

I flipped a `68 Dart GT with a 273 back in the 80`s. It was an automatic though. The guy who bought it gave it to his son. His son drove it many years until crashing it into a church one evening and totaling it. They do exist!

Hey whoa wait a minute acmegirl!!!Do you have any pictures of this car that you want to sell? Please post them if you do.

You're not seeing things. 1969 was the last year for the 273 and was available
in the A and B bodies.

THANK YOU! Now I have confirmation that the car really does exist. Any ideas on where I could find out how many of the 4-speed GT were made and an idea on what to ask for this car? Thanks again!!!!!!

It's hard to put a price on the car these days with the market so variable but you could google '"Dodge Dart GT for sale" to see what people are asking for cars in similar condition and watch Ebay to see what they're being bid up to.That should give you a rough idea of the going rate these days.
The prices for Dart GT's are pretty much the same from 67 through 69 but your car having the 4 speed is unique and should make it worth more,I'd guess maybe 10-20% over a comparable automatic car.

What sort of condition is your Dart in?

there was one in frederick maryland say 1+ year ago on ebay. buckets factory with normal rust..I think it went to Canada..was'nt to pricy $2-3K

V8, 4 speed...sold through a friend type deal on ebayl..belonged to a doctor lady ? back in the day If i remember

Thanks for all the info you guys! This seems to be a really fun, helpful and informative forum. I'll post the Dart on the 4-sale site this morning. Thanks again!!

-
Back