-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatnik

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
Found this GTS for sale at Sports Car Gallery in PA. I check his inventory once in awhile just for kicks. Link below to the ad..

$22,000 (asking price) for a non-matching but original GTS car? What do you guys think? I was contemplating trading my '67 and some cash for this maybe?

Seems we are seeing Mopar prices come down from what I'm seeing. I remember day not long ago seeing cars like this in the high 20's or 30's....

Not trying to start a discussion in this forum, just thinking outloud and passing this on to anyone interested!

http://sportscargallery.com/1968 Dodge Dart GTS grn.htm

Damn nice car. I would wait for a 4 speed to come along though. Just my 2 cents.

Billy- Good to hear from you man. I was just thinking, I'd swap him the steelies for the Rallye's! The black steelies would go much better on that Dart too. Ha ha...

Got them painted and caps on em. Check out the '67 w/ your old wheels. Now I've really got a hankerin' for some BBP axles and 255/60's though...it's a never ending saga...

Brian - snowed in w/ a 15mo old...what's worse?

IMG_2067-2.JPG

I like your 67 Better.

Nice car but if you want something correct looking (which I dont think you do but..) it needs lots of little details fixed.

Billy- Good to hear from you man. I was just thinking, I'd swap him the steelies for the Rallye's! The black steelies would go much better on that Dart too. Ha ha...

Got them painted and caps on em. Check out the '67 w/ your old wheels. Now I've really got a hankerin' for some BBP axles and 255/60's though...it's a never ending saga...

I love the steelies with the dog dish. My friend thinks its gradma lookin, but what does he know, he owns a B body. lol. i love em.

Not sure if you like the lowered look Beatnik but this is how mine turned out this past weekend.

Stance1.jpg

Adam- Thanks for the compliment. I love my Dart and I'm not after a correct car, but I just like the 68's the best and for some damn reason I cant get over the pedigree factory...my 67 is a 6-cyl car. Granted it's a 40,000mi solid as a rock 6-cyl car that any sane hot rodder would love to have...it's still a '67 6-cyl car.

sublimeswinger - Thanks man. My buddies got a 70 Duster and he hates the steelies. He ripped on me for putting them on! He's running Weld Pro-Stars. Cool rims but I'm more of a nostagia nut...leave the Pro-Stars to the late models IMO!

71DartGuy- I love your cars look! I actually just read up on your progress post the other day. Nice job. I LOVE the gold color of your car too. The black top and steelies just set if off perfectly. IMO Hemi Orange doesnt belong on a 67 Dart. Leave it to the 70-up B-body guys. But again, I bought my car for the solid body and low miles (and drivetrain) and would love to repaint it gold or green someday. It had the original white paint just before I bought it and the owner repainted it Hemi Orange....ugh. What's your paint code? I'm saving a pic of your car for future reference!

Thanks for the kudos Beatnik. The paint code is Y8. I didnt like it at first but the more black I get on it the more I like it, not going to do much chrome other than the bumbers. I really think I'm gonna have to paint the engine black when I get one built. I just dont see blue or orange looking right in there!!

I LOVE those wheels on your car. Luckily I snagged a set of bbp steelies with the parts car :-D, but I'm gonna try a little different look. I'm thinking capless, chrome acorns and trim rings. I am, however, a loooooooong ways from that point. I JUST got the running gear installed with all-new bushings and hardware. (I wish someone would have warned me about installing the lower C/A pivot bushings ](*,) )

I'm debating now, which powerplant/tranny combo to run. I have the 440/727, a '69 318 w/points and a 75 318 HEI that I could tie to the 904 I've got sitting here. :dontknow:

Sorry for the thread-jacking.

Oh, I'd take the 6 yr old anyday, he can feed himself and wipes his own ***!!!

Billy

Lots of very good comments about the '68 and Beatnik's car.

If I were to choose, I'd take Beatnik's car; I love that steelie/poverty cap look.

On the pedigree issue, I currently have a GY8 1971 340 Duster, matching nunbers, original looking, that I, at times, would like to dump because the non-matching #, 6 cylinder car lends itself better to building something you can drive without worry.

Finally, the Mopar prices are down, all the sales support that, even friggin' Barrett-Jackson showed the way on lower prices in January.

Lots of guys who are into big $$$ restorations will not re-coup their $$$ with the price drops. That's OK because most of the people who use their cars are not counting on these cars to be their 401Ks. Rather we want to run the cars - exactly the way they built to run---hard and fast.

i recently sold my 69 gts.
i did tons of work to it ,spent lots of $$$.
by the time i was done working on it ,i was sick of it.
and it wasnt finished.
im leaning towards buying them done.spend the $$$.
this dart looks mint.
if your happy spending 22k on it thats all that matters.

Hey guys thanks for all the comments...your actually making me feel better about keeping my '67 and making it my own! My wife would thank you, she has a hard time dealing with my Mopar ADD syndroms...LOL.

Billy- Man, I was thinking the same, but I was going to go with some bullet lugs, and bullet caps only, no rings or dog dishes. But, I went with the Dodge red line's cause I already had them on order. As far as drivetrain, build that little HEI 318 up! What the heck? Rebuild it, throw some Magnum heads on it and a nice cam and go drive it! Just my opinion. If not, then I'd freshen up the 440 as cheaply as I could, grab some Schumacher mounts and have a 400hp big block on the cheap!

limelite- I know what you mean about getting burned out. It's tempting to buy a car w/ lot's of pedigree that needs a TON of work because it's affordable. But by the time your done, your sick of that car! Buy it (as much) done as you can afford in my book!

Vs29H1B - You ever wanna unload that numbers Duster gimme a call! I'm half joking, but I do really want to add a nice numbers car w/ pedigree to the stable someday. Just to have something for a Sunday drive would be nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back