68 Dart GTS Bigblock Prop Valve Heat Shield

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Putting my big block GTS back together. I'm dealing with brake lines and am stumped on how to mount the heat shield. Anyone have a big block Dart that can answer that question?

2 hex screws from the bottom and one standard phillips on the top that also holds the warning wire clip.

This is a Barracuda but should be the same.

Also this is disc/drum..

Notice the rear hold off valve (prop) further back on the frame rail after the short line.

The distribution block saftey switch is just that. If you have one with the hold off valve
Built in (70 or later?) it will not fit under the heat shield.

Drum/drum do not have the hold off valve at all.

Also this is disc/drum..

Notice the rear hold off valve (prop) further back on the frame rail after the short line.

The distribution block saftey switch is just that. If you have one with the hold off valve
Built in (70 or later?) it will not fit under the heat shield.

Drum/drum do not have the hold off valve at all.

Thanks, appreciate the help. This solves the mystery. I have a 68 dart GTS. The valve is original to the car so everything should fit.

Is that wiring clip the same that mounts to the alternator?

Thanks, appreciate the help. This solves the mystery. I have a 68 dart GTS. The valve is original to the car so everything should fit.

Is that wiring clip the same that mounts to the alternator?

Pretty much. They are listed as different but physically look the very similar. One has a longer middle prong..

First is the alternator second is the brake warning wire.

Pretty much. They are listed as different but physically look the very similar. One has a longer middle prong..

First is the alternator second is the brake warning wire.

looks pretty much the same. How far are you on your car?

Some progress. Have the heater box, steering wheel support, brake peddle support all installed. All the emblems are now installed. waiting on the headliner and vinyl top install. working on the brake lines in the engine compartment. Now that the heat shield placement is worked out I can tighten the lines, install the heat shield and move on.

Attachments

• 69 GTS Progress.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 68 GTS.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 141
looks pretty much the same. How far are you on your car?

Check My restoration thread out.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=274826

I am mostly complete with a few trim items left. Mainly the trunk finish panel and wheel lip moldings. Some other tweaking here and there but I got to drive it before the cooler weather started. First time since 1990 that it ran. 2.7 year project.

Trunk Finish should go on this weekend, my wheel lip moldings are aftermarket and I am not to pleased with them. They are made considerly thicker than the originals. hoping to score a NOS set one of these days.

It would be nice to see you start a thread as well, the group here loves pictures and seeing progress. Looks like you have a nice Dart and the best of luck with progress towards driving it again.

Check My restoration thread out.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=274826

I am mostly complete with a few trim items left. Mainly the trunk finish panel and wheel lip moldings. Some other tweaking here and there but I got to drive it before the cooler weather started. First time since 1990 that it ran. 2.7 year project.

Trunk Finish should go on this weekend, my wheel lip moldings are aftermarket and I am not to pleased with them. They are made considerly thicker than the originals. hoping to score a NOS set one of these days.

It would be nice to see you start a thread as well, the group here loves pictures and seeing progress. Looks like you have a nice Dart and the best of luck with progress towards driving it again.

I have a thread started. I need to take some pictures and post an update. I also have aftermarket wheelie mouldings. We fitted them while the body work was being done. Same for the HL bezels. Going to spring for a new grill and bezels. Big bucks but the car is worth it. Haven't found anyone to do the trunk panel.

-
Back