68 Dart GTS grille

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take some pictures of one for you to consider.

Help the less fortunate - what makes them unuseable/unrestorable. I have a used one and am not sure what to look for regarding its restoration potential. Maybe I've got a gem or I've got recyclable aluminum, I just don't know how to tell.

Isn't any grille from a '68 Dart, regardless of the model essentially the same? Of course, the one exception being the central pop-out on the GTS, and the paint scheme. I've always assumed the center pop-out is added (clipped) to the standard Dart grille. Somebody call me out on that one if I'm mistaken, thanks.

Here's a photo of my standard '68 grille painted to look like a GTS (minus the center pop-out).

Attachments

• Dart 4.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 144
All 68 Dart grilles are the same part, just painted different. The grille medallion was only on early GTS'.

I thought i read one time in a magazine that the center grille piece on 68 darts, was an option , and an expensive one that nobody opted for .

It has been determined by those who have more Dart experience than I do that it (the grille medallion) was early cars, not an option. My GTS has one and an 8/28/67 SPD, but the entire front end sheetmetal was replaced in 1970 so my car is not a good example, but as an insurance job I would think they would replace the parts correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back