68 Dart Heater Core Replacement

-

RT Dude

Reaction score
I'm looking at replacing the heater core in my 68 Dart GT (the car is a 273 with A/C)
I need to find out who supplies the best replacement A Body Heater Cores, as I have heard that a lot of the replacement cores dont fit correctly.

As I am in New Zealand, I cant purchase a replacement core locally, and it is extremely expensive to send the parts back to the US, if they dont fit correctly.

Has any one had good or bad experiences with replacing the Heater Core in a 68 Dart, (or similar A Body)?

The AC and non-AC ones are different. rockauto lists several. I don't know that one brand is better, and perhaps all come from the same factory. I think I have bought Spectra or such (Canada?). While in there, insure your drain tube is clear and that the galvanized drain pan hasn't corroded. That happened in my 69 Dart (factory AC). I soldered a copper pan underneath and around the drain tube to fix.

Thanks for the info and advise Bill. I plan to rebuild the unit with the DMT kit so I will check everything when I get it apart.

-
Back