68 Dart rear bushing kit

-

Dave Huth

Reaction score
Hey Fam, I'm trying to figure out if my 68 dart 270 4 door 225 6cyl has 2 different size bushing kits for the leaf springs. It has the small drum brakes as well. just looking to replace the rear bushings and get extended shackles to add a slight rake to the stance. any info or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I don't recommend extended shackles. They negatively effect the handling of the car. It would be much better to get a new set of springs....like the 6 leaf ones for a performance model. Get matching bushings at the same time. If you can't afford new springs, get your old ones re-arched as a temporary fix, and/or, maybe add a spring to the pack. The shackle bushings should all be the same size. The front hanger bushing comes in two different sizes depending on the bolt diameter.

I don't recommend extended shackles. They negatively effect the handling of the car. It would be much better to get a new set of springs....like the 6 leaf ones for a performance model. Get matching bushings at the same time. If you can't afford new springs, get your old ones re-arched as a temporary fix, and/or, maybe add a spring to the pack. The shackle bushings should all be the same size. The front hanger bushing comes in two different sizes
I don't recommend extended shackles. They negatively effect the handling of the car. It would be much better to get a new set of springs....like the 6 leaf ones for a performance model. Get matching bushings at the same time. If you can't afford new springs, get your old ones re-arched as a temporary fix, and/or, maybe add a spring to the pack. The shackle bushings should all be the same size. The front hanger bushing comes in two different sizes depending on the bolt diameter.
Thanks for the advice! I am on a super limited budget. So even though your advice on the springs and shackles is on point , I’m just looking for a certain aesthetic. A slight raise in the rear. Now air shocks are a definite hell no. I know she won’t handle like an indy car, I just wanted to replace the bushings and add an inch to the lift. Right now there’s no bushings left. Sounds awful on tight corners.
Thanks for the reply!

-
Back