68 Dart remote mirror mounting instructions

-

Baines

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram of where all of the pieces for the remote mirror go and what order they go on? My door was a shell when I got it, so I didn't take one off.

remote mirror.jpeg

Does anyone have a diagram of where all of the pieces for the remote mirror go and what order they go on? My door was a shell when I got it, so I didn't take one off.

View attachment 1716172695

There are really only two things to know.
Remove the screw on bezel on the control so it goes through the door from the inside, put your plastic base on and feed the control end through the mounting on the outside of the door, and the control cables were tied/clipped to the front of the door on the inside so as not to interfere with the window.

Bezel goes back on after the door panel is installed.
There should be a small clip of some sort that holds the control mechanism in place before the door panel gets reinstalled.

Last edited:
Ok. I know the soft thin rubber goes under the mirror, what is the thick hard plastic piece for? Also, the other chrome bezel, or are these extra parts for different applications? No instructions or diagrams came with the mirror.

This has info is for
the stock mirror.

67 Dart Remote Mirror Demystified

The replacements use a steel nut vs a clip on the remote to keep it on the door.

The little clip in your photo goes inside the door to keep the cable out of the way.

I suspect the thicker shim goes inside the door to backup the sheet metal but that's just a guess.

Look inside your door shell, and you may be able to see the remains of the old plastic clip that holds the cables away from the glass as it goes up and down. They're a pain in the butt to get loose and people lose their patience and break them. The clip I'm talking about is the one that is already around the cables in your pic above. Good luck with it.

:thumbsup:

-
Back