68 Dash Pad Needed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy new correcty made like original ones for $225 from www.beaparts.com Soft supple and new. Price used ones and dash caps accordingly.

The grain is a little off if you look at real close. Especially if the dash is out of the car and you look at it at a nose to nose level.

Are dash caps worth a damn? Are the plastic? I see them for sale on Dantes web site and have always wondered.

PM sent. I havent seen any repops that really look like the originals yet. One of the vendors that I saw had them look more like rubbery type material. But there may be better quality ones out now.

PM sent. I havent seen any repops that really look like the originals yet. One of the vendors that I saw had them look more like rubbery type material. But there may be better quality ones out now.

Those were the old rubbery ones.

These BEA and PG classic pads are new. About one year old. They have a steel core, molded foam core, and molded skin just like the originals were made. Not a reskin, not rubber poured over a steel core in a mold where you see air bubbles in the grain. There aren't many vendors that bring them to shows for you to see them in person. You'd probabaly have to catch BEA at the Nats or Carlilse to see one in person.

I bought one from P+G, looks good but no studs on the ends like the original. It also rattles.

68 Has a upper and lower pad. Not sure if they mount different but the bottom edges of the pads are different.

When I pulled my green one it was much worse than expected. I knew it had one large crack but there are a bunch of hairline cracks. I'm afraid it's just a core.

Need upper dash pad for a 68. Don't need to be perfect. Let me know what you have. Thanks

I think I have a decent one. I need to look it over and take some pics for you. I won't be able to do this for at least a couple of days so it might be a good idea to send me a PM as a reminder. If you find one in the meantime I understand.
Thanks,
Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back