68 Drums to discs

-

mprhoodlum

Inmate
Reaction score
I'm changing my 68 B'cuda from front drums to discs. So far I've collected the 73-up UCA's and spindles. I'm putting on 14" Magnum 500 rims w/ the 10" rotors. I'm looking at factory 72-down sway bar. So this means I mount the calipers to the rear? Is everything going to fit and what do I look out for? I'm posting in the parts wanted for the rest of the parts. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Yep calipers to the rear. Longer F body flexible fluid lines and you're golden.
The only other issue I can think of to mention is the lug holes in those Magnum road wheels.
They rust/wear open to the point where lug nut bottoms before tightening the wheel.
There are repair pieces made for this.

Thanks Redfish - I'm considering welding on some brackets for the sway bar while everything is apart. Seems I've seen some aftermarket brackets that bolt on? Maybe if I could copy that shape in some 3/16 steel and do some tack welds i would be in business?

Thanks Redfish - I'm considering welding on some brackets for the sway bar while everything is apart. Seems I've seen some aftermarket brackets that bolt on? Maybe if I could copy that shape in some 3/16 steel and do some tack welds i would be in business?

If you don't have the triangle shaped brackets and bushings for the front of that OEM bar, you might be better off. Those brackets hang too low and get bolt ears broke off, or worse. There are aftermarket brackets that work just fine with that bar but I don't recall who sells them.

-
Back