68 fastback g3swap

-

Kflips44

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been cruising the forums following a few great builds and finally I am ready to start mine and begin the process. I found my cuda in a ladies garage that I was doing some work for and ended up bartering the car into the deal! It was her husbands and had sat in the garage for 20 ish years since he passed away. It is in rough shape but it is all there. I am a young buck (27) and I hope I can bounce a few questions off you all to help along the way. I have previously restored a 79 c10 truck with my old man so I have a great parts runner. My old man is busy right now with a 64 c10 and a 72 duster with my younger brother. Cool dad eh. But I'm sure I will get him over to help me.

I plan on starting to dismantle the cuda next week. Still on the hunt for my new motor I'm on copart everyday and my best friend runs an auto body shop in Mississauga I have asked for him to help search! But if anyone here has any suggestions I would love to hear them!

Yes this cars from Canada and its rusty buy I'm not worried about some sheet metal that's half the fun

Attachments

• image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 466
Welcome to the forum. I'm down in Belle River, ON between Windsor and Chatham. I found my motor in Ohio but on craigslist Detroit and eBay.

Check those out as well.

I think I saw a 6.1 Hemi on Moparts in Michigan.

Also check out the 3rd gen hemi swap page on facebook. Lots of help and parts to buy.

Riddler

Welcome to the site.There are lots of knowledgeable guys on the site willing to help.
Nice to see another local member.Good luck with the build and keep us posted with pics

I was working on the fender tag for my car... Originally green inside and out with white seats. I don't see a lot on this site on the green so I think I might keep it like this. Does anyone have a good picture of the racing green metallic paint I'm very curious and I am having a hard time figuring out which it is.

Welcome, great car. My son has one we are going to build together. Your's don't look so bad from here, but here is a long ways away! Looks like it is complete so that is a big bonus. Some of these Barracuda parts can be pricey. Looking forward to your build thread, oh, and some more pics wouldn't hurt!! :)

This week I finally got the car into the garage at the new house! I ordered a could Big *** Lights for the garage! holy crap are they bright!

started pulling out the interior today and everything out of the trunk. and I found some extra parts the previous owner was holding onto back there! new wheel moldings still in the packaging and another set of trim for the trunk lid. Always good to have. I have not yet found any mice in the car but there is some evidence that suggests they like to eat headliners..... missing all the pieces for the jack which kinda sucks but that's future K's problem.

The taillights are giving me a bit of trouble or I might be being to gentle ive undone the 4 nuts on the back inside the trunk but they wont budge I think I have everything off but maybe there's something I have missed?

struggling with removing the drivers window and vent window mainly because of the little screw that's hidden behind the plug up high in the door ... any suggestions out there? I think it is suppose to be an allen key but by the looks of it someone has stripped it.

I hope to spend the entire weekend out there but I'm sure the boss will think otherwise and have a million things on the to do list for me. Loving the process of removing everything and labeling it all. Any good tips are always welcome!

Finally everything is taken apart. bagged and tagged both rear quarters seem to have had damage in the past and the front frame rails and inner fenders are rusted right out. someone had put a "patch" over the rust. Ridiculous. I did find a member selling a set of rails on fabo that look to be in good shape so that should help they are hard to find.
I think it is really cool to find the original color underneath most of the trim. the green looks brand new and gave me the motivation to get all the glass out (what a pain in the ***)
the motor is out and my pops took it to his house to take the a/c off of it to put onto my brothers 340 duster since I wont be using it. I did find one build sheet under the back seat intact but it is so faded I haven't been able to get a good picture of it. I have been hunting new full rear quarters and it seems like they are backordered from amd 2-3 months. what a bummer. i wanted to cut them off before sandblasting to save the time and money that it comes with and cleanup under them. I am scared to put it onto the rotisserie with the damaged front rails... any advice on doing that safely and how to keep everything straight while chopping.

Attachments

• IMG_3399.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3493.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3661.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 202
-
Back