68 fenders on 69 dart?

-
Yes it will. You will need to put in the 69 side marker light but other than that they are the same.

I am only going on what some one told me a few years ago, but they told me the head lamp bucket was spot welded in a slightly differt position on a 68 from a 69 because of the headlamp bezel being different. Best do some measuring just to be on the safe side. Again, may have been bad info from someone who didn't know. My 2 cents worth.

it will fit on the car but if you do not put the 68 grill on, as well as both fenders you will need to swap out the head light buckets on the fenders. the 68 and 69 fenders and grills match up differently.

i have 69 fenders on my 68.

Yes it will. You will need to put in the 69 side marker light but other than that they are the same.

You are wrong about that. Yes,the side marker is different , but the headlight is mounted entirely diferent between 68 and 69 fenders.The 69 headlight is mounted further back as well as higher up. Comparing the two side by side it is obvious.This is why the 69 has that agressive look to the headlights,while the 68 has a somewhat bug eyed look.
It would be impossible to use the 69 grille and bezels with the 68 fenders unless you were to drill apart and weld in the front inner panels of the 69 fenders.
Good luck.I know that 69 fenders are near impossible to find from experience

The section of the fender where the headlight bucket attaches is the same for 67 and 68, different for 69. I had to swap that section from a 67/68 onto a good 69 fender to make the grill set properly. Removed it by drilling out the spot welds.

So can you use 67 Dart fender on a 68 and use the 68 Bezels??

I realize of course you will have to cut the round side marker.

-
Back