68 gts 340 shroud needed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
bump no one knows where to get one or had one laying around are these rare to come by

That shroud ( part number ends with 614 ) has been reproduced for about 4 years now. They got a bad reputation for melting into the fan early on. That fault may be corrected today.
And yes OEM is a rare piece. It was available only in performance and a/c equipped cars. When the bisquit type motor support would break the fan would eat the shroud. Good luck

ive got an original in very nice shape , $200 + shipping , let me know if if your interested & i can send you some pics

need a shroud for my 340 68 gts if any one has one or knows where to get one aftermarket let me know

Lookin for some (cheep) education here...Local P-A-P has a '70 Dart(318 A/C) car sittin there with a "fat" radiator and the shroud... Close/work?? Thanks

Lookin for some (cheep) education here...Local P-A-P has a '70 Dart(318 A/C) car sittin there with a "fat" radiator and the shroud... Close/work?? Thanks

That one is a little different but will fit your car as radiator and shroud together.

so most of these cars were sent out with no shrouds??
no one has a hot cond in traffic

67 68 and 69. In 67 the 273 Commando and Formula S cars got shrouds. Any engine with factory air got shrouds That includes slant 6.
The shroud for the slant 6 has a different number ( ends in 096 I think ) but more importantly the offset in the fan opening is opposite the V8 .
To use that shroud in a V8 application you'll have to use a much smaller diameter fan or install the shroud upside down. Yes it will fit upside down. The relief for the lower radiator hose will be on the top and the shroud will sit on the lower hose clamp.

back on the hunt again 340 22' need oem shroud

have big block shroud to pawn off pm me

Be careful, the 1967 Barracuda had a different top tank (the upper tank hose entry is slightly different). I'm not sure if a shroud from a 67 is the same.

Mancini has had them in the past.

I got my reproduction shroud from here:

http://amhightechauto.com/

I was an early adopter. The first two melted and sagged. This was a few years back. Bill at A&M work with the manufacturer and finally got me one that fit good and did not melt. The shroud has made it through the quite a few summers no issues. Oh, and when Bill sent me the replacement shrouds I paid no shipping and he kept sending them to me until I finally got one that fit right and did not melt.

I got my reproduction shroud from here:

http://amhightechauto.com/

I was an early adopter. The first two melted and sagged. This was a few years back. Bill at A&M work with the manufacturer and finally got me one that fit good and did not melt. The shroud has made it through the quite a few summers no issues. Oh, and when Bill sent me the replacement shrouds I paid no shipping and he kept sending them to me until I finally got one that fit right and did not melt.

didnt you also build a tab for yours thou??

id really like a stock one if i can find one to bad i got a perfect one for some thing i dont have

Yes I built a tab but others have put then newer version on no tab and they did not warp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back