-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68gts340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
well guys it looks like I am being forced into doing this, no work and it isnt looking good for the near future...so it is sadly time to offer up my dart for sale....
it is a 1968 GTS dart , 340 four speed original car , numbers matching....it does need a bit of rust repair .... the area below the rear side windows ( from the door to the wheel opening ) both sides are bubbled and soft ... the front floor pans need replacing ... the P O put in sheet metal ...not a bad job just not welded in ...there is a small section in the front inner fenders that needs a patch ....about 6-8 inches each side up next to the seam at the firewall ...the window areas ( F & R ) have only surface rust where the paint chipped.... doors are very good ,,,as are the front fenders ..

all it needs to be a driver is a couple hours of work on the dash wiring ... it runs as it is now ..but i dont like the way it is wired..

new parts ..... it does have a new holley 3310 and summit fuel line , throttle cable is also new. a new chrome air cleaner. and manual choke cable .
the master cylinder is a year old ,

I have the seat covers ( front ) new foam cushions and new carpet , all from legendary... not installed at this time. ( a $1000 here alone )

the headliner is ok for a driver , back seat just needs a good cleaning , door panels are pretty good .

I have driven it some , it may need some front end work ? or maybe just good alignment . it seems to wander more than i like .

as it sits it isnt a bad car ...but it is worth restoring .....only 1215 four speed gts were built in 68 ....

the car is y1 yellow ...stripe delete..... and needs paint ....

I hate to to this ...but i need to for finiancial reasons ....... everyone one says it is worth 10k ....it is insured for that amount also .....make me an offer close or near that and she is yours.....Ron

near Rochester New York... 14512

here are what photos i have

dart photos 001 (Small).jpg

dart photos 002 (Small).jpg

dart photos 003.jpg

dart photos 004 (Small).jpg

Do you have any pix of the engine compartment or the interior?
I would pull the hubcaps off and take new pictures. It will help sell the car.
Can it be driven from your place to southern CT?
Best of Luck to you.

George

I think a 10 hour drive may be asking a bit much of the car....the dash wiring is the issue... I would trailer it if it was me....

Man!! Someone adopt this baby for him! $7500 for a running/driving matching #'s 340, 4-speed GTS? I'd just like to see it go to an FABO member who would appreciate it...

Good luck.

I agree, $7500 is real fair for that car. Whomever said $3500 must be confusing this car with an upgraded 318 car or something. A real 340 4 speed GTS is a good find. Good luck with the sale!

A couple guys have asked for the vin # ..so here it is for everyone

LS23P8B1xxxxx
near as i can tell it was built sept. of 67. motor was built aug of 67...the numbers match on the fender tag, the motor ,and the core support , i have not pulled the trunk seal to check it there.
The rust at the bottom of the rear window is not gone through and is still solid. no soft spots in the trunk ...rear frame rails are good and solid .
hope this answers the common questions , if not feel free to ask or request pictures of certain areas... I cant drop the price any lower. this car is well worth the price ....thanks ...Ron

I cant believe no body wants this car...$ 1000 in new parts come with it ...that makes the car itself $6500 .....it took me five years to find one like this....last chance to buy it...or it goes back in the barn ... thanks Ron

Keep it Ron. I've got two rust free Dusters here in the rust capitol (Rottenchester), and can't sell either one. I think we're in the wrong area to sell. I'm just going to drive one, and keep the other in my garage.
Mike

Just think of how many guys kicked themselves in the *** for selling their 68 Darts 30 years ago. The value can only go up! Keep it rather than give it away!

Mike

New update... after way to many tire kickers and just plain morons driving me nuts,,, i may have some one that is interested , not only in the dart but two others cars i have also . this guy is a retailer so they will be resold , but he wants my GTS , my 66 elcamino and my 70 nova... and he has a 1940 plymouth coupe that has my interest... so we may come to an understanding in the next few days..
trade three cars for one plus cash..what do you guys think? money amount aside ,would you go for it ? or hang on to them untill better times ?
I have had old coupes before and like them as well ,great for rat rod drivers, but is it worth giving up the matching # s dart ?
i cant make up my mind ...maybe your thoughts and suggestions wil help , what do you guys think? .. thanks Ron

Mike.. yup ..loud and clear....also that is the reason I have them now.... if the economy was better ..i would not have even offered them up for sale ...

If I were you, I would start the restoration of that Dart tomorrow. It could be a great car with a little work.

Best of Luck whatever you decide.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back