-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cascius

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Hopefully this won't get deleted for linking to another website. Found this over on Lat-G. Guy doesn't know a whole lot about the car but looks to be a pretty nice car for the money. I would think it's safe to assume it's a clone until it can be proven original but from the way he talks it is built fairly correct. Asking $45K and located in Texas.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=37440

Didn't someone here buy a fastback with hilborn injectors on it for pretty reasonable?
It was more a Hemi Barracuda street rod than a clone SS car. Same for this 68 Barracuda coupe that not much of a Super Stock clone at all.

IMHO, that car is not worth $45K. Coupe body will really limit buyers. More like $30K. $20K engine and $10K body.

Yeah he said he got a really good deal. It's dang nice little car, too. Much nicer than the POS they're tryin to pass off as real in this thread. lol

Yeah he said he got a really good deal. It's dang nice little car, too. Much nicer than the POS they're tryin to pass off as real in this thread. lol

I don't see anyone trying to pass anything off as real. I stated I would assume it was a clone due to lack of knowledge on the fact that all Super Stock cars were fastbacks. Sorry, but I'm fairly new to the Mopar world. I only posted with the thought of someone maybe looking for something like this, regardless of whether they are out of line on the price.

As far as it being a POS, I don't personally think it's a bad looking car. Just because it's not how you would do it or doesn't meet your personal taste doesn't mean it's a POS. Someone still put a lot of time in building it the way it is. And whatever happened to if you don't have something constructive to say then move on?

I don't see anyone trying to pass anything off as real...............................

As far as it being a POS, I don't personally think it's a bad looking car.

I agree. The OP over there (Randy) stated down the thread that supposedly the ENGINE is an original SS engine:

"its not a original drag pack car. Now the 426 hemi is a original 426 super hemi from 68, magnesium cross ram intake, orginal holley carbs, original aluminum heads etc. Engine sat in a showroom for 30 years own a chrysler engineer that owned a auto parts chain"

The reserve was set at $30k. Like OldManRick said....it's Mark's decision if he wants to share.

Just wanted to know what was already publicly known to be bid up to and/or the reserve. I'm just after a ballpark or "reserve not met" number.

I think it's safe to say is was bought for under $30K. And it was on a public auction for everyone to see and no one was willing pay over $30K for it.

IMHO, the this Hemi notchback is worth no more than the Injected hemi fastback unless there is a large quality difference that is not apparent in the pictures.

Ill take under $30K for mine and it is a fastback. I think that little notchback is clean, but not gonna bring anywhere near $45K. JMO...

Attachments

• IMAG0660.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 490
Just wanted to know what was already publicly known to be bid up to and/or the reserve. I'm just after a ballpark or "reserve not met" number.

I think it's safe to say is was bought for under $30K. And it was on a public auction for everyone to see and no one was willing pay over $30K for it.

IMHO, the this Hemi notchback is worth no more than the Injected hemi fastback unless there is a large quality difference that is not apparent in the pictures.

Agreed on all three accounts.

What was the high bid that didn't make reserve?

OK Boy's here is the deal of the century. I was hunting for a Hemi engine for my 68 Dart and someone here posted the link. I thought I could buy the Barracuda and use the Hemi in the Dart and sell the rolling shell for around
10k. I bid it to 25,000.00 it went no higher. My high bid was 27,000. I e-mailed the seller my phone number and made a deal over the phone. When I went to pick up the car it wasn't as nice as described so I decided not to buy the car. I called the owner and informed them that there description was not very good and I went on telling them of all the things they should have told me about. I said I couldn't pay 27K for the Hemi Barracuda. I was asked what I would pay, I told them, they agreed to that price and now I have a very nice but not perfect Hemi Barracuda. Any body need a 68 Barracuda roller?

I don't see anyone trying to pass anything off as real. I stated I would assume it was a clone due to lack of knowledge on the fact that all Super Stock cars were fastbacks. Sorry, but I'm fairly new to the Mopar world. I only posted with the thought of someone maybe looking for something like this, regardless of whether they are out of line on the price.

As far as it being a POS, I don't personally think it's a bad looking car. Just because it's not how you would do it or doesn't meet your personal taste doesn't mean it's a POS. Someone still put a lot of time in building it the way it is. And whatever happened to if you don't have something constructive to say then move on?

I gave my opinion. Don't like it? Then stuff it. It appears to me that they ARE trying to assume the car is a real Super Stock car. That's MY opinion. The car also appears to be not executed cleanly. That's MY opinion. Build a bridge and get over it.

I agree. The OP over there (Randy) stated down the thread that supposedly the ENGINE is an original SS engine:

"its not a original drag pack car. Now the 426 hemi is a original 426 super hemi from 68, magnesium cross ram intake, orginal holley carbs, original aluminum heads etc. Engine sat in a showroom for 30 years own a chrysler engineer that owned a auto parts chain"

Yeah, I didn't think Randy was tryin to pass anything off at all. Just some of the rest were actin like it was real.

I gave my opinion. Don't like it? Then stuff it. It appears to me that they ARE trying to assume the car is a real Super Stock car. That's MY opinion. The car also appears to be not executed cleanly. That's MY opinion. Build a bridge and get over it.

Yeah, I didn't think Randy was tryin to pass anything off at all. Just some of the rest were actin like it was real.

So which is it Stroker? Your two consecutive posts contradict each other. In the first one you are accusing "them", whoever that may be, as trying to assume the car is a real SS car. Then you go on to say that you didn't think Randy, the owner and OP in the copied thread, was trying to pass anything off at all.

As far as "your opinion", it's one thing to criticize a car based on facts or what you may know of it. It's another to call it a POS from the few pictures that the guy posted. I would normally think that I would be safe to assume that the FABO community would be a little more respectable than that since we've all been on the other side of that fence. If making rude comments and smart a$$ remarks is how you get your jollies off and makes you feel like a big man then I guess do whatever works for you.

I spoke my piece. I was plain as day. As I said, don't like it? Tough doodoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back