68 hot rod black barracuda

-

426hemiduster

hemiduster
Reaction score
My barracuda is all but done, as it is below 0 I need to wait for better weather to work out the road test bugs, the matte black turned out great although I am not sure how to maintain it
Maybe some one can help me with a few last details, I cannot find the trim that covers the body pinch weld at the rear of the door opening, I have heard of this being called a wind lace moulding, a pinch weld cover, if I knew the correct name that would help with my search. I also need the black plastic knob that goes on the seat adjuster, any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• fbcude.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,603
Please tell me you didn't take off the rear round side marker lights that make a '68 a '68. Those fat DRs look nice. 275's ?

It goes further than that, I not only removed the side markers, antenna, and s emblems, I changed the front end to a 69. I had a 69 when I was younger and have good memories. Since it is now a 440, I dont care if it is original.

Attachments

• wwwwwwww.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 606
That's a great looking cuda
You should think about putting the side marker lights on it
One of the best things about a 68 cuda is the round working side marker lights

Rear tires on the flat black barracuda are 325/50/r15,the wheel wells are moved to the frame rails, an they fit nice. Moving the wheel wells make it necessary to also modify the sail panels.Me,king of the road in 1970, wonder where that car is now

Attachments

• 1969 barracuda_2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 614
Seat adjuster knobs-
[ame]http://www.ebay.com/itm/66-74-Mopar-A-B-E-Body-Cuda-Dart-Duster-GTX-Charger-Seat-Adjuster-Knob-/400639742821?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d47fd5365&vxp=mtr[/ame]

Well it's your car and I am kinda gonna bugger up my 68 by putting on 67 rear lights to get more brake light area. Gonna use the interior with headrest bucket seats and console from a 67 also.

not a great picture, this was about two months ago. 440, ,020 over, 292 hyd cam, fast enough but still drivable anywhere. My other car is a hemi duster with nitros if I need a horsepower fix

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 575
Nice looking Cuda you got there. Lets see some pics of the Duster also. We love Hemis.

you can order the windlace by the foot from classic industries.

Thanks for the info on the wind lace moulding. Hemi pictures for anyone interested, narrowed dana, custom steel wheels with highway patrol type hubcaps,flat hood, circle track torsion bars and sway bar, nitrous, stock style seats recovered in leather. On the road for 15 years

Attachments

• deng.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 537
  • dtrunk.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 517
  • dside.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 536
  • dintreior.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 534
Sir,you have excellent taste in cars. Both cars are gorgeous....

Thanks, in between these projects I took a 1954 chevy truck, added a jeep wagoneer dana front axle and a cast iron transfer case and made a stock looking 4wd, painted matte black and green. I dare not post pictures on a mopar board!

Yes I would say you have some very cool stuff. I love your rides.

What part of Ohio are you in, you have some very good company up there. Lots of great Mopars roaming around.

Your fish looks great, but the duster is really nice old school sleeper.

come on ....lets see the 54 too. We love em all...we are snobbish ebody people. :)

Really nice Abody's I bet that Duster is a 'blast' to drive. Passenger....what does this little button do?....oh CRAP!!

-
Back