68 hot rod black barracuda

-
4wd,292 inline 6, ac, ps turbo 400 trans, dump bed, looks stock

Attachments

• 54omg4wd.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 192
Now that's the way a truck should look....all business!...not dropped down and looking broke. You do some nice work.

I don't think your too far away from HemiDenny and HemiMark, you should check out some of their builds here. On Denny's thread there are a bunch of good guys that hang out and live up your way.

I keep meaning to do that, even though the barracuda is done and I haven't had much of a chance to drive it, I keep thinking of changing the motor and putting in a hemi. I have a 1967 gtx that I had in college in 1970 [24,000 miles] in a barn gathering dust that could use the 440 in

Attachments

• gtx.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 176
Me,king of the road in 1970, wonder where that car is now

I've seen that pic before, VERY COOL!!!! Nice to know that owner is you!

I run a '69 440 ONLY 'cuda registry and have just over 100 cars. I have 5 white fastbacks listed. One of them I own, needing resto. If you have any specifics like a vin# PM me and maybe I can locate where it is?

Dave

I dont know the serial number, but after picking up the car at the dealer,I cut holes in the fender wells for fender well headers, when I traded it in one year later, the dealer did a patch job on the fender wells, that would be visible. I raced that car in C class automatic, it was not "legal" as it had an illegal Lunatti cam and cut heads. As I remember it ran 12.0, 116 mph. and could not beat the 1962 max wedge wagons that were in the same class. There were also holes in the either the core support or the passenger fenderwell for a fuel cooling can and the front edge of the rear wheel openings were rolled for tire clearance.It was sold in the Columbus area.It was automatic with black interior, bucket seats

After that car was gone I got the GTX that I posted, and unlike the barracuda, I kept it. Back then I had no concept of "original", only speed. Although the GTX is in great shape, 0 rust, good chrome and grill, I threw away anything that I could to cut weight, including inboard bumper brackets, fender braces.

Love the Barracuda but I have a soft spot for flat hood hemi dusters....

Attachments

• denny-john.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 143
  • hemi.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 139
Wow, that looks a lot like mine, steel wheels and all, nice! I could never get the dual carbs right, I have better throttle response with the single holly

Attachments

• ft duster.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 142
-
Back