68 Notch window trim

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Got my new 68 F & R glass gaskets and clips today. I have the diagrams of where they go from searching the forum. Can anyone post a photo of the correct orientation of the installation of the clips? If I get them installed the glass shop I do business will come to the shop and install my F & R glass-another thing off the list. Thanks for any help in advance.
DR:coffee2:

Beautiful car, like mine but yellow instead of red. The car had the 68 trim when you bought it? I need to know how to install the clips from scratch on a 67 with vinyl top. A photo of an installed clip would get me going.
Thanks for posting!
DR

I've posted and reposted those drawings several times over the years. They are archived away today though. If you don't have them by this time tomorrow, I can light up that hard drive for you.

Hey guys, Thanks for all the help. I already own the clips, screws and gaskets. Today I masked the car off with carborundum and will mark the locations with body tape. Then I will start installing the clips, crossing my fingers I am doing it right. I will post a couple photos for board quality control before I install them all wrong. Don't have a full day on the car as today is my 49th wedding anniversary and my bride insists I take a break from the car and take her to Leavenworth for a mini-road trip. Redfish-I knew you were the guru I just didn't want to bother you with this.
Cheers and a good day to all!!!!
DR:burnout:

Here is what I am coming up with. The front side pillars have SS trimmers installed, I guess I drill through it to install the three on the sides.

Attachments

• Upperfronclip2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 125
  • Lowerclip1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 129
  • upperfrontclip1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 117
stainless vinyl top trim on the a-pillars has me puzzled. In examples of 68 up, the vinyl didn't cover the length of that pillar. A small piece of trim placed horizontally ended the vinyl at the top of that pillar. So my quandary... Since 67 didn't have reveal moldings, Was a special piece of trim required to complete a vinyl top finish.
I suppose if a special finish trim is present and the vinyl is installed the length of the pillar, drilling holes through for reveal molding clips would be the solution.
I'm thinking IF the factory had done this they would have predrilled the stainless to a clear hole size. Clips screw would catch body metal only just like all others.

Thanks for looking, I will post photos of the situation with the side pillars this morning. The Vinyl is not under the SS trimmer except at the top. Also, the upholstry shop installed the new top and may have fit it as they saw best but there is no horizontal trimmer on my 67. Thinking about some options and will appreciate some input.
DR:coffee2:

Attachments

• Pillar1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Pillar2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 136
Well I reached the decision to put the pillar clips where the screws are existing in the SS trimmer, no drilling. Then I finished all the other clips install and have four clips left for a diagram that calls for 6 more, three on each side:-( The thing is the clip count and screw count are equal. Anyone got a couple clips & screws to spare?
Moving on to dash install-------Glad to be in the shop and not at work!!!
:coffee2:

If its on the sides then 2 will probably be sufficient. That piece is short and stout and it's captured at the top and bottom so its not going to flex like the top and bottom would. Space them evenly and you'll be fine.

-
Back