68 notchback headliner help please

-

supercuda

Reaction score
In the process of installing the headliner on my 68 notch, but something does not look right. can anyone please show me a pic of what theirs looks like at the sail panel area. I bought sail panels but they are just cardboard and don't cover enough area. The car had no headliner when I bought it so I don't know what it's supposed to look like. Thanks FABO.

I purchased an aftermarket headliner kit for my notch as well. The kit came with 2 sail panels that were NOT for a notch. We had an upholsterer do it, but he was confused by it. I do no have pictures or mine, but I had to convince him to glue the new headliner to the original sail panels.

trying to up load a pic of my issue but I'm having issues with that also.

I omitted the sail panels and they came out perfectly fine w/o the poor replacement ones I purchased.

is the headliner supposed to go all the way down the rear pillar? Mine is no where near that.

The sail panel boards in a notch are a long diamond like shape. They are barely large enough to cover holes in the sheet metal. The headliner should have enough material to cover the sail panel all the way to the package shelf and under that board a few inches.
I'm thinking maybe you have the same problem I once had... fast back liner in a box marked notch back ( PUI brand ) but... if that's the case, the second seam / bow sleeve from the front would be in the wrong location as well.

-
Back