68 plymouth valiant

-

victa15

Reaction score
So I finished the disk brake conversion in the front, all new poly bushing, put the new rims on (14s in front and 15s in back) and tested it out on the street. Needs an alignment than I can go through emissions. I'm picking up a center console from a 68 barracuda and next week some bucket seats from a 68 dart. Eventually I would like get them redone and put in. Also I'm putting a tranny shift kit in my 904. It's a little sluggish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 593
More pictures to come

Attachments

• image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 547
I will have to check when I get home. The shop didn't have the size I wanted 215/70r/15. They had a size close to it. The tires are used until I get some cash to get new ones

Thanks. Yeah I live in Tucson, Az. The emissions is strict. 67 is the first year for emissions. If only I lived out of city limits.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 522
I checked and I do have 215/70r/15s in the back. It was the fronts they didn't have.

I fit 255/60/15's on my 67. The scoops look good on there. I'm trying to decide which scoop to use on mine

One yeah? They didnt rub or anything? thanks I wanted to do something that looks like a stock option but no one else has. I've seen the duster snorkle scoop and didnt like it on the valiant. the other I was thinking is the Hemi scoop. But only if I put a bigger engine in later down the road. I still need to do the interior and paint

Your car looks great and unless you have yearly checks on emissions,I wouldn't tell them :)

Attachments

• 71 Scamp.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 452
Thanks. See that style valiant looks good with the scoop. I do have emissions every year. I'm trying to get classic car insurance on it

Thanks. See that style valiant looks good with the scoop. I do have emissions every year. I'm trying to get classic car insurance on it

Looking fantastic!!!!

One yeah? They didnt rub or anything? thanks I wanted to do something that looks like a stock option but no one else has. I've seen the duster snorkle scoop and didnt like it on the valiant. the other I was thinking is the Hemi scoop. But only if I put a bigger engine in later down the road. I still need to do the interior and paint
I keep thinking about putting a scoop on my valiant, both of the valiants with scoops look great, I am just not sure which way to go? I am trying to stay with the old school look.

Attachments

• S2010302.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 367
That valiant looks clean. Thats what I went for when I did the demon scoops. I wanted an old school look that you don't see on these cars that could of been an option for that year. I'm the only one in tucson with the scoops. cant wait to get it finished and start bringing it to shows.

Here is a side view of mine. I think I have 225/75/15 on the front. The front rims are 15x6.5 from a diplomat and the rears are 15x7 with 4" backspace. I think the fronts are the same back space.

Attachments

• Picture 1200.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Picture 1201.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 285
  • Picture 1104.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 309
I did have 275/60/15's on a previous Valiant I had. The first and second pic are with SS springs and the last pic is with worn stockers

I changed the scoop on mine to a lower profile than what is had been. I like the new one and hood painted white much better'

Jim

Attachments

• 10530938_10154525728725437_7931810865382317385_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 253
I like the look of the rims. The ss springs look good. That's a good tire size

I changed the scoop on mine to a lower profile than what is had been. I like the new one and hood painted white much better'

Jim

That scoop looks good. Looks like it could of been a factory option

Clean valiants guys! How did you lower yours shadow 21? Turned torsion bars down and rear hanger flip?

-
Back