68 Prostreet Hemi Barracuda

-

hemibadfish

Reaction score
Here's some pictures of my 1968 Pro street Barracuda. I have done all work myself at home so far. Installed an Art Morrison 4 link rear clip, redid all sheet metal in the trunk floor. Installed a roll cage, coated floor and bottom of car with Zolotone. Made many modifications to to the engine bay to fit the rather large 528 Hemi. Relocted the master cylinder, modified the steering column for head clearance. Customized a stock steel hood to allow a hole for the butterfly intake while retaining the stock hood plates that I modified from 340 - S to 528 - H.

I hope to have the car on the road in 2011, just waiting for final paint, sublime green with black hood.

Attachments

• 000_0624.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,606
  • Pro street 1968 Cuda 250.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,525
  • Picture 112.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,499
  • Picture 040.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,498
  • Picture 038.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,530
  • Picture 026.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,520
  • 000_0649.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,562
  • 000_0643.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,528
  • 000_0642.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,548
  • 000_0641.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,642
Nice work, I love how your using the 528 theme and the green every where. Good job, its going to be very nice when done!

I received a message regarding how I relocated the master cylinder. Here's some photos etc.
To relocate the master I started with a relocating adapter, had it machined to fit the rib in the firewall as I located it farther to the outside than what it was made for. I welded new studs on the back of the fire wall in addition to cutting a new hole for the pushrod. I used a second brake pedal from a parts car, cut it off and welded it to the original pedal to make it all line up as per photos. The last two photos show how the stock steering column does not have clearance by the head and valve cover. I had to modify it as well.

If anyone else needs specific info or pictures let me know, I have lots more.

Attachments

• Pro street 1968 Cuda 246.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,307
  • Pro street 1968 Cuda 239.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,424
  • Pro street 1968 Cuda 237.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,449
  • Pro street 1968 Cuda 236.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • Pro street 1968 Cuda 234.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,418
  • Pro street 1968 Cuda 188.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,398
  • Pro street 1968 Cuda 181.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • Pro street 1968 Cuda 172.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,398
  • Pro street 1968 Cuda 143.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,420
  • Pro street 1968 Cuda 134.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,291
Reply to. Who did the hood inserts.

What I did was send away a pair to Ididit and had them machine the center 340 - S area away and cutout stainless 528 - H pieces for each side. I had the insersts re-chromed when I got them back. After re-chrome I epoxied the 528 - H in place and painted the black. Very happy with the work Ididit did as well as the final outcome.

Hey Hemibadfish, I really like the job you did on your brake linkage and master. I may be stealing your idea for my big block 63 Dart.

Mike

That is an absolute beautiful car and if I were to have seen that pro street build 30 years ago when pro street was in instead of today it would have made my day. You've done a lot of really nice work but in this new era of pro touring, pro street is just outdated.

as Jack LaLanne always said " Its never too late "

I really really like that dash and console with race shifter.

May get copied somewhat...

Ditto on what airwoofer said. Can you share how you fabbed up the shifter to the console?

I like how you engineered the master cylinder setup. Keen thinking indeed.

Trick lookin Cuda........I love the custom hood inserts and V/C and console, and, and!!

Are you painting the wheelie bars sublime :smile:

:thumbup:
Ditto on what airwoofer said. Can you share how you fabbed up the shifter to the console?

What I did with the shifter console was; I first mounted the TCI shifter to the tunnel on the floor, I welded small steel tubing to the floor and then mounted the shifter to that. I then took the original console cover and cut it with a cut off wheel so the TCI shifter cover would fit through in place of the stock shifter assembly area. I cut it small a few times to get it to fit right without over cutting. Smoothed everything up, stripped the finish off the console trim in a bead blaster then primed and painted what you see. Hope this helps, if you have more questions I am happy to share.
:thumbup:

I like how you engineered the master cylinder setup. Keen thinking indeed.

That is some very nice work looks bitchen and a half!!

What type of shifter is that in the console and what kind of mods were done to get to the end results? I really like the way that came out!

Another great barracuda notch back :cheers: You have out dun your self on your fab work =P~=P~=P~=P~
That is going to be one mean barracuda :burnout:

-
Back