68 side marker gaskets

-

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
My original side markers are completely burried and would take a long time to dig out so I'm asking here...

The reproduction side markers come assembled with the lens inserted into the housing first, then the gasket and finally the back half of the housing is screwed on. Is this correct? In my head it would seem that the gasket should go in first before the lens. With it assembled that way, no water would get past the lens. With the gasket after the lens, water would get around the lens before hitting the gasket. Maybe it works either way. I'm probably over thinking it.

On another note, how much do you teighten the nuts on the back when you put them on the fender? Do you put a wrench on the stamped nut or just tieghten by hand. There are spikes on the nut that are going to cut through the paint and help lock it in place.

I've had mine out of the GTS a few times over the years, but it's been a while. As I recall I just hand tightened them. You might want to take a wrench and go just a little tighter, but not much.

-
Back