68 stock dart hood and 340 hood scoops

-

65Valiant340

Reaction score
hi all -

i heard the hood's contours would not match up with 340 scoops. it's a pretty flat hood, so i can't believe this is true. on the other hand, i've never seen it done.

has anyone seen or installed 340 hood scoops on a 1967-69 stock dart hood?

i'd really like to get a set on my dart.

Attachments

• dart_1.1_50.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 314
They're fiberglass, why wouldn't you (or whoever) be able to shape them slightly to fit if necessary (I agree, doubt it would take much). You probably have to do that to put them on a '70 hood anyway, at least with the repro ones.

You know what would look good on your car and would be more inline with the year.
Get a 68/69 fiberglass Hemi hood scoop, cut it way way down so the opening sits about a inch off the hood,
and get it painted the same as your car, I think it would look sharp.
PS - Love those fender skirts.
Kenny

I'd go with the Hemi-style scoop as well, actually. I was already thinking that the '70-style dual scoop design would just look so wrong on a '67-'69 Dart. But everyone has their own aesthetic senses!

My Uncle had an F-7 green, 69 Swinger, and he put those scoops on a flat hood. It looked WAY better than the Swinger hood.

The big trick, is to position the scoops far enough apart, and back far enough.

I had to modify the hood and scoop to line up the one I got off yearone. I say go for it. It would look spectacular!

My two cents? stay period correct. If you want a hood scoop(s) put a 68-69 Hemi scoop on it. Leave the 340 scoops to the early 70s cars.
But, its a free country to each his own.

-
Back