68 to 69 hoods

-

clairday modtop

there's no car like mopar
Reaction score
hi i have a 69 barracuda and the under side of my hood is rusted out. so i got a 68 hood no rust for cheap. heres where i got stumped. the 68 i got has a stright front and my 69 has a hump front. my idea is to cut out my 69 hump and murg it to the 68 hood between the hood loovers. good idea or not so good? any ideas?:clock:

If it were me I'd use a 73 Dart hood instead and sell the 68 hood. In fact
73 - 76 might be identical. Back when I was doing my car I was going to do this because my original hood had holes in it for hood pins but my bodyman was able to patch them up. If you start cutting and welding there is a good chance that the 68 hood would warp.

the hood is the hardest part of any car to get body work right on. Driver looks right at it all the time. 69 Barracuda hood is a one year only part so It'll be hard to find a good one. It is out there.somewhere at some price Then there is always fiberglass hoods. There are a few 69s out there with 67/8 front ends on them, rears too. I'd stick with the 69 correct though if at all possible. Good luck

If you were closer I've got a 69 hood but shipping would probaly be killer . I dont think mating the 2 hoods would work out to well as you know you probaly have to use some force to close your hood tight might be a problem in the long run

well i just got a call from my brother and he found me a 69 hood in good shape for the same price i paid for the 68 lol. $150. and its only two towns over. now to find a center sump oil pan. thanks for the input

i went to look at the other hood and it was bad off, so i mated to two hoods i have. here are the pix. still a bit of toch ups to do to it.

005.jpg

001 (2).jpg

002 (2).jpg

006 (2).jpg

010 (2).jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

012 (2).jpg

-
Back