68 windshield w-strip and molding in a 67

-

csilver

67 440 GT
Reaction score
What has to be done to replace the rare and expensive 1967 winshield w-strip and molding with the 1968 version? Got pictures of clip placements?

Get trim and proper gasket, http://www.mrmoparts.net has the best prices I have found on the gasket. Need clips and screws kits are sold by many, ebay etc. Clip placement isn't rocket science dont over think it. The top of the clip should be flush with the body line.

Attachments

• stainless clip placement.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 130
Those stainless reveal moldings wont be cheap either. I have heard or read they are now reproduced. I haven't searched for them. Classic Industries maybe?
Anyway... you could probably buy several rolls of the 67 correct vinyl lock strip for less than the cost to change to stainless.

I think the repop stainless is about 250, you can come across the 23 series dart and barracuda stuff in good condition for around 100 generally. So yeah not cheap.

Ben where is the vinyl stuff available I cant find it in a roll...?

I think the repop stainless is about 250, you can come across the 23 series dart and barracuda stuff in good condition for around 100 generally. So yeah not cheap.

It was at ebay. I haven't looked for it lately though.

The correct vinyl trim when you find it is NOS and cost more than the stainless trim
the last I found and bought was 12 years ago it was NOS and I paid way more than
what the stainless cost. I changed mine over to the stainless and sold the vinyl after
Removing it and it brought 375 for front and rear 67' FB barracuda.

Here's where the clips go.

Attachments

• FrontWindowClips (Medium).jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 130
  • RearWindowClips (Medium).jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 138
-
Back