Status
Not open for further replies.

superdart426

Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Contact seller
69 340 block ready to build all machine work done..block has been sleeved in 3 cylinders and was done correctly and professionally,,cam bearings installed and is bored .040 over..asking 1000.00 shipped in the lower 48..

Attachments

• 100_2082.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,731
  • 100_2083.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 2,469
  • 100_2084.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 2,440
  • 100_2085.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 2,498
Yeah and to think there are morons out there scared of sleeves.

If a sleeve is done rite it will never bother. Done wrong and they can be a nightmare. I see a sleeve in a 400sb chevy drop because no lip was left on the bottom. All I can say is im glad it was not one of my engines. YUK.... I have .030 over 340 in my car rite now with 1 sleeve and it has been running strong with no problems.

Lemme get this straight, you're asking a grand for a 340 block which has been sleeved on 3 cylinders and overall has a .040 overbore?

Don't get my wrong, I definitely appreciate your post and price which shows me what each of my .010 overbore 1970 340 blocks must be worth.

Thank you...

Lemme get this straight, you're asking a grand for a 340 block which has been sleeved on 3 cylinders and overall has a .040 overbore?

Don't get my wrong, I definitely appreciate your post and price which shows me what each of my .010 overbore 1970 340 blocks must be worth.

Thank you...

Pot callin the kettle black huh Joey? Maybe you forgot your recent post about a similar comment I made? I think you're a hypocrite.

A hypocrite for thanking the poster in regards to the worth of the block? And to add to this, the poster himself PM'ed me saying he would turn me in the mod squad if I did not remove my appreciation.

Yet I truly did and do appreciate this post as I said in my first reply, yet the name calling is uncalled for. So I guess in reality, compliments are a no no on Fabo... and I will remember if there is a next time..

Pot callin the kettle black huh Joey? Maybe you forgot your recent post about a similar comment I made? I think you're a hypocrite.

Lol... haha :happy1:

HotLines; Lemme get this straight, you're asking a grand for a 340 block which has been sleeved on 3 cylinders and overall has a .040 overbore?

Thank you...
OMG, a .040 over bored 1969 block is not going to hurt anything. I bet you could seriously bore it .100 over and it would live forever. Remember in 1969 they used REAL Iron nowhere near today's materials!

Shoot I have offset bored a 1973 318 to 4.040 and made a 402 stroker out of it. There was PLENTY of material left in it! That is a .130 over bore !

Mad Dart, the funny part is that Rob ( RustyRatRod ) and I are friends and SuperDart426 and I straightened this out a week ago.

To put everything into perspective I will add. There are some persons who no matter what education that have, cannot read and that's fact..

Secondly, I may be newer than most here on FABO, but I am certainly not a Newbie, not a purist and not someone who revels in following any group. The engines we all seem to use have the same configuration for the past fifty or so years, so over boring them isn't the problem, the problem is how one reads the replies...

Have a nice day :)

Mad Dart, the funny part is that Rob ( RustyRatRod ) and I are friends and SuperDart426 and I straightened this out a week ago.

To put everything into perspective I will add. There are some persons who no matter what education that have, cannot read and that's fact..

Secondly, I may be newer than most here on FABO, but I am certainly not a Newbie, not a purist and not someone who revels in following any group. The engines we all seem to use have the same configuration for the past fifty or so years, so over boring them isn't the problem, the problem is how one reads the replies...

Have a nice day :)

Guess I'm the idiot. Still had to state the facts though! 😳

Not trying to stir but I like to see superdart's posts these are not everywhere and I know you can find cheaper but I don't like cheap bastard threads

I've talked to him about it several times. He has a lot of work in it. It's a damn nice block. 340s ain't growin on trees anymore.

Sleeves are like anything else. Done right = no problems. The key is to have to have a good machine shop you trust.

Why isn't the rear main bearing cap installed on the pictures with the main caps showing? Do you have it, or is it missing?

Have you posted the VIN for those looking for their lost original blocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back