69 340 Swinger overflow tank

-

69swinger340391

Reaction score
In the box of parts that came with my car when purchased, there is an overflow tank for the radiator. It has no part numbers. I included a few pics of the tank. Could this be a correct part? Would a 340 non ac dart even come with an over flow tank, or is this an aftermarket add-on? Any one have any pics of their original or add-on overflow tank?

Thanks

IMG_0626 (Small).JPG

IMG_0628 (Small) (Small).JPG

I also don't think you could get an overflow tank in a 1969 dart. I have had mine since 1974 it did not have a tank? here is a picture of the tank i put in.

dartapr08 009.jpg

My '67 New Yorker and '68 GTX have no bottles. They just have a rubber hose running from the radiator cap neck, across the top of the radiator, and down the passenger side of the radiator, dumping onto the ground. My '68 Barracuda has the same set-up, but the previous owner half-assed installed a bottle on the passenger side fender. I will replace that with a better-looking bottle.

I agree, if my fading memmory serves me right. Every pre 70's car I've owned did not come with one. I know I bought a 70 340 4sp Duster new and it did not have one.

Thanks for the replies. How about some pics of custom set ups? Anyone have a creative way to add or hide the overflow?

Has anyone retrofitted one in? Like the 73 style?

I've been thinking of doing this on my 71'

-
Back