69 383 4 spd GTS vs Max Wedge car

-

gonzomn

Reaction score
How does the value of a documented 69 383 4 spd GTS compare to a Max Wedge car??

There's too many variables to give you an answer, really. Condition, history, documentation, all play a part in it, but given 2 vehicles in the same condition with similiar history, I'd have to say the Max-Wedge is more valuable. Older, fewer made with a proven race history of the combo, logic would dictate it would be more valuable.

How does the value of a documented 69 383 4 spd GTS compare to a Max Wedge car??

Way less with comparable docs AND condition.

69 383 4 spd GTS is about a $35-$40K car done real nice, right 383 A-body parts...etc, with all attention to fine details, detailed undercarriage (not OE level but nice). Body numbers, data tag, buildsheet, numbers motor. In today's market.

62 Dodge 413 MW low compression hardtop (post cars bring more $$$) auto I'd think would be about the lowest value MW car you could get into. Not a clone, real car with real MW motor and Darrel Davis numbers to prove it's real. I'd say that would be easily over $50K if done with the right parts same condition as the 69 4spd 383 GTS. I bet that's too low a number on the MW even.

1962 Dodge Dart 2Dr Post - from the internet

Dodge Dart 2Dr Post. This is a rust free 1962 dodge dart max wedge clone (known as big red) with all orignal body panels that is laser straight, orignally a california car. It is a 413 max wedge clone has a 1965 dodge k member-66 police pkg rear springs-66 dodge wagon rear with 355 posi-repo intake-orginal air cleaners-500 holleys-molpar electronic igniton-65 833 4sp-spicer coustom driveline-62 max wedge fan shroud and radatior-1970 dodge balanced 440 6 pack motor-65 polara interior-62 max wedge exhaust. Big reds major awards since 2002-coolest mopar on hod rod power tour in Memphis-feature car Mopar Muscle magazine-top 50 choice at NHRA reunion in bowling Green KY-winners circle choice at good guys show in Nashville TN-best musclecar choice at Emerald Coast Cruise in Panama City FL and the list goes on. If you want a car that draws attention when you go to a cruise in or a show this is it. looks like it was painted yesterday. Any questions call.
Price - $ 57,500 OBO

1962 Dodge Dart 2Dr Post - from the internet

Dodge Dart 2Dr Post. This is a rust free 1962 dodge dart max wedge clone (known as big red) with all orignal body panels that is laser straight, orignally a california car. It is a 413 max wedge clone has a 1965 dodge k member-66 police pkg rear springs-66 dodge wagon rear with 355 posi-repo intake-orginal air cleaners-500 holleys-molpar electronic igniton-65 833 4sp-spicer coustom driveline-62 max wedge fan shroud and radatior-1970 dodge balanced 440 6 pack motor-65 polara interior-62 max wedge exhaust. Big reds major awards since 2002-coolest mopar on hod rod power tour in Memphis-feature car Mopar Muscle magazine-top 50 choice at NHRA reunion in bowling Green KY-winners circle choice at good guys show in Nashville TN-best musclecar choice at Emerald Coast Cruise in Panama City FL and the list goes on. If you want a car that draws attention when you go to a cruise in or a show this is it. looks like it was painted yesterday. Any questions call.
Price - $ 57,500 OBO

Clone car, not orginal. Sounds sort of modified with Holley carbs, 4spd, 440 motor, 65 polara interior...

IMHO, it's not going to sell for $57K.

Dodge Dart Max Wedge. This is the Real Deal Not A Clone. It is a survivor car with 80% original paint and 90% original interior. It's a piece of drag racing history fit for a museum. 413 ramcharger maximum performance 11.0:1 compression engine, manual 3speed T85 transmission, 3.91:1 gear ratio, rare radio & heater options, Car runs and drives like new, all accessories work as they should. This is a fantastic investment car, and likely the only true survivor grade 1962 Maximum Performance Dart left on the planet. It has been in numerous publications Mopar Collectors Guide Nov 00, Mopar Muscle Apr 02, the hard cover book by Jim Schild titled Maximum Performance. www.PeakesClassics.com or call.
PRICE REDUCED $ 75,000

Dodge Dart Max Wedge. This is the Real Deal Not A Clone. It is a survivor car with 80% original paint and 90% original interior. It's a piece of drag racing history fit for a museum. 413 ramcharger maximum performance 11.0:1 compression engine, manual 3speed T85 transmission, 3.91:1 gear ratio, rare radio & heater options, Car runs and drives like new, all accessories work as they should. This is a fantastic investment car, and likely the only true survivor grade 1962 Maximum Performance Dart left on the planet. It has been in numerous publications Mopar Collectors Guide Nov 00, Mopar Muscle Apr 02, the hard cover book by Jim Schild titled Maximum Performance. www.PeakesClassics.com or call.
PRICE REDUCED $ 75,000

I'd say that car being a survivor and a HC Max Wedge, 3spd, Post is going to be one of the highest price 62 non-convertible's around. Trumping almost all restored 62 hardtop and post cars. That's a heck of neat car.

Looks to be a good 20% high on the other cars he has for sale. The 67 Hemi Coronet R/T for $80K is about $60K maybe nowdays. The 70 Super Bee non numbers motor for $65K is about $45K maybe nowdays.

My own opinion (after having built 2 clone HemiDarts) is that they're no better than any other hot rod. Call them what you want---tribute cars, clones, whatever, the fact IS they're ordinary cars modified to lok like soemthing else. Great for playing with & cool to look at, but nothing special to warrant a ton of extra dollars just 'cause it looks like a desirable original. To me, a clone max-wedge car is worth 25, maybe 30k. I can put a different engine in soemthing, clean up a STOCK bodied car and call it a clone all by myself.
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig, just a little prettier (?):angry7:

-
Back