" 69 " - 440 what cam?

-

kpk56391

Reaction score
i'm putting a 69 - 440 in my 70 dart . the 440 is out of a 69 imperial . stock is 350 hp . what combination cam , intake and carb sould i use to get the best performance possible with breaking the bank. i have schumacher tri y's and a stock auto trans.

It won't take much for that 440 to feel powerful in an A-body. I would go with a Performer RPM, Holley 750 with vacuum secondaries, and for the cam, I would call Hughes Engines. The intake is pretty standard, but as far as the carb and cam go, you could get 50 different answers from 50 different people. That's why I say call Hughes and have them recommend a cam. Also, I'm not sure on hood clearance issues with the Performer RPM, if there are any in an A-body?

the edelbrock performer package but replace the performer cam with the 440 magnum cam from mopar. it's a bigger cam than the edelbrock performer and a much better grind.

Quite frankly you'll be very happy with the stock intake and carb with a stock 440 magnum cam. That's essentially what we have in my son's 67 convertible, backed by an 18-spline four speed and a 3.23SG 8-3/4. I'm doing pretty much the same thing with a a slightly different cam in my 67 Barracuda convertible, but with a 727.

-
Back