'69 Barracuda 340 Formula S, What's it worth?

-

mcodecuda

Reaction score
Fastback, All Original, 55,000 miles, Bench Seat columm shift, original window sticker, tinted glass, original dealer contract, broadcast sheet, reported to have never spent a night outside as it was always in a garage or under a shed roof. The front seat has a small rip and the bumpers and taillights could stand to be replated.

abodies.jpg

Wow, thats nice.
Is that an original paint car?
I have no idea as to value, but from experience, a stock Muscle Car is worth a lot more if it has never been taken apart, or modified. More than a restored car in some cases, especially with documentation like that.
That car is a desirable color too.
Is it for sale? You looking to buy it?

Good Luck either way, that is one sweet little car right there.

George

Here ya go according to the Old Car Price Guide. The #s run in value from a #1 being excellent down to a #6 being almost scrap condition

#1= $28000 as new trailer queen
#2= $19600 excellant driven 1000 miles a year
#3= $12600 Very good 20 footer
#4= $ 5600 good needing only minor repair Maybe a 50 footer
#5= $ 3360 restorable needing everthing reworked
#6= $ 1120 parts car

For a 383 car you add 40%
For a 440 car you add 50%

Hope this helps

It's a car that I did some work on and it wasn't for sale but I wish it was. The car is all original including the paint except for the tires, belts, hoses and now the brakes. The spare had never been out of the car. It had the original brakes on the car before I changed them. The only thing that I could find was a service station sticker from 1987 in the door jam that referenced something about the head gasket and if you look at the motor you can see newer intake gaskets so somewhere along the way the head gasket was replaced.

Nice car!

That bit about it never spending a night outside, while a seller loves to brag about it, no buyer should fall for paying a premium since it cannot be proved. Other seller 'I think I can jack up the price' lines are:
"Never driven in the rain/snow/bad weather"
"Lady driven"
"Never raced"

You mention the owner isn't selling the car but, if he was, and made that pitch about always being under a roof, I'd call BS on that right away. That shouldn't be a bargaining chip for the car price.

What does a new "muscle car" sell for? That would be my 2 pennies.

awesome!

A new muscle car in my opinion would be an 08 challenger. Before you would ever be able to bring it home you will give well over sticker price. Local dealer says he has two ordered and coming in and already spoken for. Should be in the $50000 range. Any other ideas on muscle cars?

It's a car that I did some work on and it wasn't for sale but I wish it was. The car is all original including the paint except for the tires, belts, hoses and now the brakes. The spare had never been out of the car. It had the original brakes on the car before I changed them. The only thing that I could find was a service station sticker from 1987 in the door jam that referenced something about the head gasket and if you look at the motor you can see newer intake gaskets so somewhere along the way the head gasket was replaced.

If it was a pristine survivor it would bring top of the market. That's a car with the motor never cracked open and some orginal hoses, plug wires, belts...Like that orange 71 340 Demon in AZ that was in MCG or that 71 Hemi Cuda that was in Mopar Muscle.

This car sounds pretty close though.

So I'm thinking over 20K under 30K. With a car like this it comes down to details. So need some detail pictures of engine and undercarriage.

Great exterior color and orginal stripe. But the column shift and interior color (gold?) sort of hurts it a little.

-
Back