69 Barracuda 6.4 8hp70 swap questions

-

modtopcuda

Reaction score
I am swapping to the 6.4 and 8hp70. I am looking for pictures or tips on how tight this transmission should fit to the floor and firewall. Trying to place the engine in the right spot is driving me bonkers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am using a Gerst front end. I bought it for my old 340 setup. So yes. I have bought the Gerst Hemi mounts but they do not work with the headers.

I need to know if the transmission should be higher. I would need to cut the bellhousing area of the floor to get it higher. Is that what people are having to do? Also, I do not want to drag my transmission over every bump.

I am using a Gerst front end. I bought it for my old 340 setup. So yes. I have bought the Gerst Hemi mounts but they do not work with the headers.

Gotcha. I can't help much then.

I need to know if the transmission should be higher. I would need to cut the bellhousing area of the floor to get it higher. Is that what people are having to do? Also, I do not want to drag my transmission over every bump.

I think the angle of the drivetrain and the location of the motor is going to be what drives the height of the transmission. If it is above the k-frame and any exhaust that would be under the car, I would call it good.

And no, I don't know what angle the drivetrain should be at. I plan to take some measurements of my 360 before I pull it and match that when I build the mount for my T56.

Here's a post where a guy is doing a similar swap in a B-Body (I think). Maybe it is helpful?

-
Back