69 barracuda hood

-

rtse66

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok so it's common knowledge that 73-76 dart hoods will work on a 69 barracuda. My question is are they completely identical or like most Mopar parts are there one or 2 slight differences?

I believe the hinge attachment points differ- the '73 -'76 hoods require the later hinges, and vice-versa. If you swap hoods, swap the hinges, too; if I'm not mistaken.
There might be a difference with the hood latch, also? But I can't confirm that- don't have a '69 hood to compare to.

:popcorn:
Waiting to hear the outcome myself. I have heard that the 74 Dart Sport hood is exactly the same, and I have heard they look the same but are slightly different. I bet @Oldmanmopar will know.

They share the same skin, However the underpinnings are not the same!

Like mentioned the mounting for the Hinge is not the same "Use the Latter hinge" and there are ribs for the crumple area on the latter.

Otherwise the holes for insulation pads and front/rear seals are the same.

The latter had no pads for the small 69 'Cuda scoops and the 69 did not have locations for the wonderful A-body Scoop!

Last edited:
IMG_20220904_185330858_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220904_185427170.jpg

For whatever it's worth I think that seems like an original hood.

Ok so it's common knowledge that 73-76 dart hoods will work on a 69 barracuda. My question is are they completely identical or like most Mopar parts are there one or 2 slight differences?
Yup, they interchange, but, are not identical.

-
Back