69 barracuda rear defroster

-

jazak5

Reaction score
scored a rear defroster at Carlisle, Pa with the duct !!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
I have the switch from a previous dash scarf // but I could not find the intake grill// anyone got one they would like to part with ??

does anyone have photo's illustrations showing its install ????

Last edited:
thanx I think I got one stored on the computer somewhere ..

This pic is from whitepunkonnitro's post

image.jpeg

This pic is from whitepunkonnitro's post

View attachment 1715070262

Looks like Dart Fodder! Kidding!

Barracuda fastback exits in the passenger rear garnish trim above the wheelhouse. All fastbacks have the opening for it. Notches and Darts must have a grille and cut out in the package tray panel to accommodate it.

Looks like Dart Fodder! Kidding!

Barracuda fastback exits in the passenger rear garnish trim above the wheelhouse. All fastbacks have the opening for it. Notches and Darts must have a grille and cut out in the package tray panel to accommodate it.
Dope! :BangHead: I didn't notice he was referring to a fastback Cuda! Sorry guys! :realcrazy: Lol

If it is a FB then I believe there is no grille.

I mean the intake grill for the blower motor ///just looked through the copy of my service manual cant seem to find it ///another day // weather at Carlisle was great but got a little hot towards the afternoon (Saturday) but over all a great day !!!! will make next year primary mission !!!!!!!! I'm wiped OUT :thankyou:

IIRC it looks like a 6x9 speaker grill. Unless somebody re pops it, I'm afraid that could be tough to find.

IIRC it looks like a 6x9 speaker grill. Unless somebody re pops it, I'm afraid that could be tough to find.

Never knew that grille in the right wheelhouse was anything other than a speaker. That is the same location they mounted the rear speaker on equipped cars yes?

From the manual.

Attachments

• defroster.pdf
    156.4 KB · Views: 227
I thought same thing too with dads 67. Looks exactly like a speaker grill. Turned out to be intake grill. I'll get pics tomorrow

It is a speaker grille and trim, same as the rear speaker on the other side
Jim

sorry been working is there a specific template for location ??? This was a dealer installed option // giving the dealer/installer discretion ??

-
Back