Status
Not open for further replies.

'Cuda_ragtop

Woulda, Shoulda, 'Cuda!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a nice set of 4 correct screws that attach the Reverse Lamp Bezels to the rear valance for a 69 Barracuda. What cha got?
Shipping to Snohomish WA 98296
Thanks!
Image stolen off the internet for reference. Not mine. :)
;topic=3638.png

Those are the long housings and hard to find in decent shape. I got mine at a True Value Hardware store in stainless and painted the ends to match the black inset on the housing.

The holes in my valance were stripped, so I bought a nutsert kit and will be installing them in the valance and using common machine screws.

The holes in my valance were stripped, so I bought a nutsert kit and will be installing them in the valance and using common machine screws.

Good point!

That is pretty common but guess ‘Cuda_ragtop has that covered, nice work he does!

Good point!

That is pretty common but guess ‘Cuda_ragtop has that covered, nice work he does!
Thanks Gerald!
Going to have to drill holes in the AMD valance, did not have them...
Guess I need someone to measure for me too. :rolleyes:
I just got a nutsert kit too! I have one original screw. I'll take to Fastenal and see if I can match the Head with anything that is long enough... I like the Nutsert idea qkcuda! :)

Last edited:
Were you able to find them with heads that fit the Bezels nicely?
Mine are still apart, so I haven't gone shopping yet. I found out one of my glass lenses was broken around the edges and I am still looking for a replacement lens.

My valence was replaced with the correct AMD piece and had nice small holes for the bezel mount. I was able to a use a standard screw once I found the correct Length. The originals have a 2 point grip/thread. I had my old ones to match up to the head pattern. I did put a thin flat T nut? on the backside for a better grab that would not be seen. I like the threadsert idea as a machine screw would do the same.

Last edited:
My valence was replaced with the correct AMD piece and had nice small holes for the bezel mount. I was able to a use a standard screw once I found the correct Length. The originals have a 2 point grip/thread. I had my old ones to match up to the head pattern. I did put a thin J-Nut? on the backside for a better grab that would not be seen. I like the threadsert idea as a machine screw would do the same.
Just looked again. No Holes... :-( It is also AMD...
Nutsert, Rivnut, Threadsert... whatever those little bastards are, I'm going to give them a go. :poke:
Need measurements please... Not just no screw holes but no holes at all.
Guessing they decided to make it one valance fits all years? 67, 68 and 69?
Mo6Bc1M0v-h55oxbuBYVdwAXI4M7hz8lK8m8RlCxhpAbYzlmjOrJjzcxfpOFeBUufnPzYXJhuvH2BUkcW=w3262-h1835-no.jpg

Just looked again. No Holes... :-( It is also AMD...
Nutsert, Rivnut, Threadsert... whatever those little bastards are, I'm going to give them a go. :poke:
Need measurements please... Not just no screw holes but no holes at all.
Guessing they decided to make it one valance fits all years? 67, 68 and 69?
View attachment 1715141485

Not even the openings for the bezels! Did you order the correct piece? Looks like a 68.

And too many think 67-69 were interchangeable. Not quite the truth. 68 were the best, but when you a own a 69 you deal with it. One year only and lots of changes just to become an E-Body.

Not even the openings for the bezels! Did you order the correct piece? Looks like a 68.
I put an AMD panel in my 69 about 5 years ago, and it didn't have holes either. At the time, I was told that my choices were with the two tailpipe extension "slots", or without them. It took a while to figure out backup light housing placement.

Oh well, guess I'll be drilling/cutting... par for the course.
Shows holes. Got mine from Tamraz but same thing on Summit...
Bought back in may 2016
Guess I missed the not so fine print and just looked at the picture.
Notes: Rear valance features rectangular exhaust tip cutouts.
Will fit 1967 models. Backup light holes must be cut for 1967 and 1969 applications.

AMD PN 960-1267-T

960-1267-T.JPG

It happens! Sure you will knock it out though:thumbsup:

I put an AMD panel in my 69 about 5 years ago, and it didn't have holes either. At the time, I was told that my choices were with the two tailpipe extension "slots", or without them. It took a while to figure out backup light housing placement.

Guess I got lucky with my timing, when I started in 2012 they only had quarter skins as well! I got full quarters. My body guy was a bit slow but maybe knew more than he told!

Hey, I can put them wherever I want now... How about outside the leaf springs?
Or I could leave them off and put an LED strip with Backup, Running, Brake and Turn under the bumper...
Nah. I like the stockers in the stock location.
I like 'em on my truck though.

51kUV5BiJmL.jpg

If you want I can give some measurements based on AMD design, guess it may not be correct though yes!

Will do! The car is back in the garage after hibernation for Christmas lights. Tell me how you want the measurements.

Hard to measure but 1- 3/4 to 1- 7/8 from bottom edge of valence to bottom of the bezel. 19.5 center to center of the bezels.

A: Center to Center 19.5" :thumbsup: Got it!

B: Can you measure bottom edge of Bezel to bottom edge of the Valance as shown?
I'm thinking this would be more accurate.

Thanks!

Valance Measurements.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back