69 Barracuda Vert - Gasket and backing lost

-

momoparman

MOISMYHOME
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Been a couple of years since I almost completed my wife Pam's 69 vert. I'm planning on re-installing the convertible top cover this season and I'm missing something.

I'm missing a gasket and probably some sort of metal backing/channel that secures it for the top to windshield seal? Can someone show me the parts disassembled in case I have to make something?

Couple of pics of the area I am talking about.....

Much thanks and appreciation for any help.

Attachments

• verttop.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 100_5147.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 275
Helloooooo

Anyone with some input step right up and say your peace.

Looking for help!!!

I have a '68 with an assembled top. i can shoot some pics. Perhaps, they will show enough detail to help.

Yeah, thin metal strip with locking formed on edges, and a slightly wider strip of rubber with mating lock formed on its edges. 2 inches wide at most. My parts are stored away so I cant add pics .

I had planned on pulling mine apart this weekend to get some pics for you but spent it in the hospital with my son having his appendix removed. I will attempt to do it this coming weekend. I think I have a complete or almost complete spare frame in the garage attic also I may attempt to get at.

I had planned on pulling mine apart this weekend to get some pics for you but spent it in the hospital with my son having his appendix removed. I will attempt to do it this coming weekend. I think I have a complete or almost complete spare frame in the garage attic also I may attempt to get at.

Dammit hope the boy is ok. Lousy way to spend Easter. All the best to him.

I have kids so I get it.

Whenever you get a chance would be great. If I don't hear back I will post again.

Thanks,

Ok here are the pics
First one is the header seal after it was removed. This just snaps into place and curves around to be some of the side glass seal

Second pic shows the metal locking strip on the frame after the above seal had been removed and the screws that attach it (14 in total)

Third pic shows the locking strip removed and laying on the ground near the first seal that was removed

Fourth pic shows a close shot of the channel in the retaining strip that holds the flat seal that is attached to it

Fifth pic shows the other side of the strip

I had believed I had a complete spare frame in the garage attic but either I am incorrect in that or I lost some of it somewhere as all I could find were the side rails.
Let me know if you need any other shots or detail.

Thank you so much. I had no idea it wrapped around like that.

So the next question is, where do I get the metal retainer and the gasket?

Anyone have a used one?

At one time mobodyman had a dart convertible he was parting. Maybe drop him a pm and see if it is still around
yearone lists the first gasket I have shown part number ck1027

Thank you so much for that picture. It jogged my memory and I went digging.

I knew I had a complete vert top seal set in the trunk, and low and behold it had the gasket for the windshield/roof in the set! :cheers:

So now I am only missing the metal frame.

Anyone out there have a metal frame?

Just so I am clear, it looks like there are 2 seals up front. One is flat and goes under the metal strip and one that is molded and goes over.

Is that correct? I have both of those seals in the kit.

That is correct. I should have taken better pictures of that layout

Close it out!

Craigerlitz hooked me up with a very nice part and we are finally scheduled to get the top put on.

Thanks for all your help!

-
Back