69 barracuda with 73-76 sway bar end link mounts

-

Mopar Momzee

Reaction score
I have a 69 barracuda that was up graded with 73-76 disk brakes and lower control arms with sway bar tabs. Does anyone know what sway bar will work to mount to these tabs and mount in the correct stock position? If not what are my option. Thanks jesse

7B70FB87-72F0-4F55-B8ED-9E23D37504CD.jpeg

EC271B50-806A-4531-B499-CFE3F26C31A1.jpeg

9BC134E0-E5AB-4C96-BDC9-FE926B836831.jpeg

hellwig 5906 76~72

i think this is your best course of action.

factory 73~76 doesn't fit unless you change the K out
factory 67~72 doesn't work with those tabs, so you'd have to weld on new or swap arms (expensive) and 67~72 bars are a little trickier to get
hotchkiss i don't think will work with those tabs and with their weld on tabs i think you might run into a logistics problem of too many tabs on the dancefloor.

Yes looked into Hotchkis it just hangs low not a problem wanted a more stock look.
Other idea was remove and relocate table to correct year location for the 69 sway bar.
The 5906 wont work with the links on my lowers the bar ends are closer to outside.

Yes looked into Hotchkis it just hangs low not a problem wanted a more stock look.
Other idea was remove and relocate table to correct year location for the 69 sway bar.
The 5906 wont work with the links on my lowers the bar ends are closer to outside.
the 5906 doesn't use stock mounts-- neither 67~72 nor the 73~76 mounts. it uses a tab (basically a piece of angle iron) and it mounts to the shock mount. the rest of it mounts similar to the 67~72 setup. you may have to drill your k-member to mount the bracket.

the 73~76 tabs are a different design and shape so removing them relocating is kind of backward way of going about it. if you want the tabs in the correct location for 67~72 i think you'd be better off just fabbing up a pair, although then you're stuck with a smaller selection of swaybars at a higher price point.

The Hotchkis 22385F bar fits a ‘72 down A-Body and appears to use the ‘73+ mount on the LCA. I am pretty sure the bar was designed to fit cars with wider wheels and more back spacing and I think this changed the mount location on the LCA.

The instructions appear to say to weld the included mounts in the same spot your LCA’s already have mounts.

HOTCHKIS SPORT SUSPENSION SYSTEMS, PARTS, AND COMPLETE BOLT-IN PACKAGES » Blog Archive » 1967-1972 Dodge A-Body Front Sport Sway Bar from Hotchkis Sport Suspension

The Hotchkis 22385F bar fits a ‘72 down A-Body and appears to use the ‘73+ mount on the LCA. I am pretty sure the bar was designed to fit cars with wider wheels and more back spacing and I think this changed the mount location on the LCA.

The instructions appear to say to weld the included mounts in the same spot your LCA’s already have mounts.

HOTCHKIS SPORT SUSPENSION SYSTEMS, PARTS, AND COMPLETE BOLT-IN PACKAGES » Blog Archive » 1967-1972 Dodge A-Body Front Sport Sway Bar from Hotchkis Sport Suspension
Yep thats the one i was looking at that should work.

-
Back