69' bh29m

-
If I had to judge from one pic, I would say its possibly an m-code. Can you post pic of partial vin and/or fendertag??

An original BH29M 1969 ‘Cuda 440, lot 941.2 was originally sold by Fenner-Tubbs Chrysler-Plymouth in Lubbock, Texas – a big player in the altered wheelbase match race days. Thoroughly redone in California at Restorations By Julius, this numbers matching RB monster fetched $48,400.
Julius’ engine bay restorations are among the best. This red rocket was formerly owned by NHRA legend Joe Amato (a.k.a. Joe Tomato for his penchant for red race cars). Nose heavy like a ****, we love the manual brakes and manual steering. Too bad Chrysler never offered these 440 A-bodies with 4-speeds.
Even with the console shifted 727 Torqueflite, these cars are simply brutal – in the best sense of the word.

Do you know the current owner of this red 440?

Originally Posted by 73AbodEE
An original BH29M 1969 ‘Cuda 440, lot 941.2 was originally sold by Fenner-Tubbs Chrysler-Plymouth in Lubbock, Texas – a big player in the altered wheelbase match race days. Thoroughly redone in California at Restorations By Julius, this numbers matching RB monster fetched $48,400.
Julius’ engine bay restorations are among the best. This red rocket was formerly owned by NHRA legend Joe Amato (a.k.a. Joe Tomato for his penchant for red race cars). Nose heavy like a ****, we love the manual brakes and manual steering. Too bad Chrysler never offered these 440 A-bodies with 4-speeds.
Even with the console shifted 727 Torqueflite, these cars are simply brutal – in the best sense of the word.
Do you know the current owner of this red 440?

That red 69 440 'Cuda that sold for $48K had the original motor, buildsheet, correct 440 only manifold and I think even window sticker. Very documented and all original sheetmetal. Very tough to find an original M -code with that pedigree. Restoration costs to that level are $60K and up to have someone else completely do the car.

The blue car the original poster is talking about is missing some very expensive hard to find items. Then the car will have to be restored.

Yeah, I was looking at that also.

Good, now we have a picture that didn't exist. "No pictures are available. I was not allowed to take any."
This being a real deal it would be nice to know that a possible survivor body still exists.

Now you know how to get a picture out of someone....

That picture sure does look familar or maybe it is just the blacked out area and the flat tire that looks familar.

attachment.php

That tire is not that bad...

It's only flat on the bottom...

autoxcuda when did the red car pick up the correct drivers side manifold as when julius had it at the fling in front of his trailer it had one of those accurate exhaust manifolds on it?

so if the red monster brought 48, whats the value of the body?

Projects "never pencil out" to equal there finished restored values.

Rhinodart felt this might be a $8-10K car without any pictures. And the one picture showed barely communicates any condition of the car.

There's people that will overpay for projects because of lack of knowledge or cash on hand. Or they have great talent and connections to restore the car with not a lot of cash. Or they allready own a stash of needed parts. Or just a way own something cool that they can't really afford to actually restore or have the talent to finish (garage/lawn art)

Rhino- should know.And you are correct,it just depends on if you have the parts and talent or if you must pay through the nose to finish it.But-that being said,even if this is a 340 cuda it sure is worth looking at.

autoxcuda when did the red car pick up the correct drivers side manifold as when julius had it at the fling in front of his trailer it had one of those accurate exhaust manifolds on it?

I thought the car was all correct 440 manifold. Sorry. I must be mistaken on that part. I think everything else was there?

Still, have you seen any M-code actually sell for more than $50K in the last 2 years?

I thought the car was all correct 440 manifold. Sorry. I must be mistaken on that part. I think everything else was there?

Still, have you seen any M-code actually sell for more than $50K in the last 2 years?

When you see true fully documented second generation hemi Barracuda's that won't get to 6 figures it tells you where the economy is. Build them cause you love them.

That red 69 440 'Cuda that sold for $48K had the original motor, buildsheet, correct 440 only manifold and I think even window sticker. Very documented and all original sheetmetal. Very tough to find an original M -code with that pedigree. Restoration costs to that level are $60K and up to have someone else completely do the car.

The blue car the original poster is talking about is missing some very expensive hard to find items. Then the car will have to be restored.

I know for a fact that the red 440 IS NOT all original sheet metal. I was just wondering about its current owner because i bought an original document for the car off ebay, from the owner that gave it up to the restoration shop, he then sold alot of NOS and good parts that he didn't give with the car. I would sell the current owner the document for what i paid.
If you don't know me by now on here or Moparts, i took over a '69 M-code 'cuda ONLY registry about 6-7 years ago. There just over 100 cars at this time. The blue pictured car is in my registry.

Just for HA, HA's the highest price i've ever seen a 440 'cuda go for is $105K. Next highest was $65k. Lowest prices i know of are $10k with major restorations needed...............Actually just thinking a couple of roller bodies have sold for under $10k.

I know for a fact that the red 440 IS NOT all original sheet metal. I was just wondering about its current owner because i bought an original document for the car off ebay, from the owner that gave it up to the restoration shop, he then sold alot of NOS and good parts that he didn't give with the car. I would sell the current owner the document for what i paid.
If you don't know me by now on here or Moparts, i took over a '69 M-code 'cuda ONLY registry about 6-7 years ago. There just over 100 cars at this time. The blue pictured car is in my registry.

Did the red car have the buildsheet and numbers motor? Is it not a good indication of M-code restored value?

IIRC, there were two M-code cars that owner had before the red one got restored. Is that correct?

The replies have been noted, thank-you. The panels, floors, trunk etc are as good as you can get! The owner is concerned about theft etc, so out of respect for the owner, I do not want to show the b/c sheet etc. the car is what the car is. I have know about this car and finally was able to view it. Unfortunately, I have done the math so to speak, and have come to the conclusion, that, as a restored non-numbers car, it will be a money drain. As much as I love mopars, I love my money more. If I could justify the final dollars, I would not hesitate. If anyone is a serious prospective purchaser, it is pricey, contact me. I would be happy to help you out. Please have a dollar figure of what you MAY be willing to pay. I understand that is totally subjective. I don't need any reminders about 1 photo only etc.

The replies have been noted, thank-you. The panels, floors, trunk etc are as good as you can get! The owner is concerned about theft etc, so out of respect for the owner, I do not want to show the b/c sheet etc. the car is what the car is. I have know about this car and finally was able to view it. Unfortunately, I have done the math so to speak, and have come to the conclusion, that, as a restored non-numbers car, it will be a money drain. As much as I love mopars, I love my money more. If I could justify the final dollars, I would not hesitate. If anyone is a serious prospective purchaser, it is pricey, contact me. I would be happy to help you out. Please have a dollar figure of what you MAY be willing to pay. I understand that is totally subjective. I don't need any reminders about 1 photo only etc.

I think I have seen pictures of that car before and it is in the registery already so it isn't a new barn find.

To me it would need the missing correct vin number parts to be worth anything pricey. When you have to try to peice one together because all the high dollar parts are lone gone it is normally cheaper to buy a nice one and save the headaches. I have learned that lesson the hard way.

Just for HA, HA's the highest price i've ever seen a 440 'cuda go for is $105K. Next highest was $65k. Lowest prices i know of are $10k with major restorations needed...............Actually just thinking a couple of roller bodies have sold for under $10k.

What's currently sold within the last 2 years restored prices.

Yes, they spiked up like the A12 and AAR/TA cars. And have fell a lot like A12 and AAR/TA cars also.

So within the confines of this discussion what does the group feel a notchback M code car would be worth? Basically a complete car that needs total restoration as it was color changed both exterior and interior. Supposedly build sheet and vin tag goes with the car with the current owner saying it is a numbers matching drive train. Current asking price is mid twenties. Thanks in advance for the opinions/advice. Spook

So within the confines of this discussion what does the group feel a notchback M code car would be worth? Basically a complete car that needs total restoration as it was color changed both exterior and interior. Supposedly build sheet and vin tag goes with the car with the current owner saying it is a numbers matching drive train. Current asking price is mid twenties. Thanks in advance for the opinions/advice. Spook

You mean fender tag? Honestly it is hard to give any opinion on a car without very detailed pictures and verification that it is indeed a number matching car. Wrong paint everywhere covering up what? There just isn't enough information to even be able to give a decent opinion.

Did you look at and read this thread?
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1969628397&postcount=22

I have some pics of this notch.

Yes, meant fender tag... Doh! I too have some rather poor photos of the car. Thanks for the reply. Spook

I have no way (or knowledge) to be able to post what I have. Sorry. Just wanted some feedback before pursuing for possible purchase. Thanks. Spook

-
Back